Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

• Founder / Operator

There have been some great movies in this Fall. Now that I realize, this were the movies opening in Portugal between September and the end of October: The Heat, The Butler, Blue Jasmine, The Conjuring, The Place Beyond the Pines, Behind the Candelabra, This is the End, Rush, Gravity, Don Jon, Prisoners, Captain Phillips, Mud and About Time. And three very entertaining movies: 2 Guns, White House Down and Thor: The Dark World.

Two fantastic months of movies.

I have yet to see Jasmine, Candelabra, and About Time, but that's an impressive list.

I know it won't happen, but I'm going to throw a brick through a window when Mud doesn't get a single Oscar nod.

Mud is on the top of my list too.  Shockingly, the best films I have seen this year are for the most part smaller films.

The Way Way Back

Mud

The Place Beyond the Pines

Thanks for Sharing

Then there's Side Effects, TITE and CF.

all make my top 10.  These are only off the top of my head.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

I would be boring say 12 Years A Slave is the best movie of the year so far for me, but after Futurist's near socipathic rant against it last night I'd almost fear for my safety. That movie really did live up to every inch of the hype, though. 12 YAS, Gravity, Prisoners, TITE, and Catching Fire are probably my top five so far, though I'd negotiate with Captain Phillips, Mud, Pines, and even PR being in there.  Really, really great year so far even if I haven't loved anything quite as much as I loved Django.