Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I don't get it when people say they hate a movie just because of the ending. I mean, if the rest of the film is amazing and you love it, is the ending really going to discredit everything?

I meant I'd hate the ending, not the movie. But, that being said, the end is the final thing the audience takes away from a movie. If it's fumbled or unsatisfying, it can really ruin the rest.

I don't get it when people say they hate a movie just because of the ending. I mean, if the rest of the film is amazing and you love it, is the ending really going to discredit everything?

Of course. If a film ending sucks, then everything great preceding it turns to shit. 

EDIT: lol, I'm not being serious. BUUUUUT, the ending is what people take away the most. 

Edited by Noctis

Finally watched Catching Fire.It was very good. Not great but quite powerful and harrowing.Jennifer Lawrence is a pretty talented actress (with a rubbery face) but I did get a little weary of her constant shouting of"PEETA!!, PEETAAAAA!!!. I swear that dude was dangerously close to becoming a "dude in distress".

Peeta = Kenny McCormick

I meant I'd hate the ending, not the movie.But, that being said, the end is the final thing the audience takes away from a movie. If it's fumbled or unsatisfying, it can really ruin the rest.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, but you have a point. Depends on the actual ending I guess.

MJ1 will almost certainly see a drop off from CF. Above 300m, for sure, but above 350m? I'd say probably not. We have a year to wait and see.

No i know its going to drop, ive been saying that since last year. I was saying not much of a difference to K1's question about whether it'd help with anticipation.

I don't get this either. I get that this is the 'last thing we see', but I don't think it takes away from the whole film.