Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Looks Like Mockingjay 2 won't finish in the top three of 2015. Star Wars, Avengers, and Batman Vs Superman should outgross it. Bond 24 might outgross it as well

time for many here to revise those MJ predictions downwards.

This will still most likely out grossed all Twilight movies and your average Potter film, I fail to see how it's performing badly.

If it makes 150/350, nothing wrong with that ... people just assumed it would take another step and challenge Iron Man in the 400+ club.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know this will have just as great of WOM as THG, if not better. So if it opens worse I fully expect a bigger multi. I think if it doesn't retain THG's audience it will at least come very close in the end.

the problem is that this is a sequel with heavy continuity and has a cliffhanger ending. There really is no reason for this to appeal to the non initiated

Yeah, I know this will have just as great of WOM as THG, if not better. So if it opens worse I fully expect a bigger multi. I think if it doesn't retain THG's audience it will at least come very close in the end.

It will have to be leggy for that to happen and I can't see this having better legs than the first

To be honest it makes sense CF wouldn't be as frontloaded as the Potter and Twilight sequels. Think about the audience that saw THG. It was just as many adults as kids and teens. Unlike Potter or Twilight. Adults aren't going to rush out to see CF, but they still will probably see it. If I'm just trying to make excuses for it I'll accept that when it's DOM total is way under THG, but until that happens I don't believe this will fall much short or short at all of THG in the end.

To be honest it makes sense CF wouldn't be as frontloaded as the Potter and Twilight sequels. Think about the audience that saw THG. It was just as many adults as kids and teens. Unlike Potter or Twilight. Adults aren't going to rush out to see CF, but they still will probably see it. If I'm just trying to make excuses for it I'll accept that when it's DOM total is way under THG, but until that happens I don't believe this will fall much short or short at all of THG in the end.

adults don't make up part of the audience of HP and Twilight? They have to to be able to get those huge numbers