Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Wow I just got this really disturbing image of Ed on his bed laying on his stomach, legs crossing back and forth, hair in  ponytail talking to a girlfriend about how totally dreamy Nolan is.

Posted Image

• Like 4

So assuming future THG movies are in 3D, is there any franchise out there that has a chance in hell of setting a new 2D record? Star Wars will be in 3D because that's just the way Disney rolls. The Bond franchise seems to be sticking with 2D, but it seems impossible that Bond could ever open that big in the States -- especially during November.

Wow I just got this really disturbing image of Ed on his bed laying on his stomach, legs crossing back and forth, hair in  ponytail talking to a girlfriend about how totally dreamy Nolan is.

Sucha a nightmareish image is going to give me NOL-INSOMNIA.

• Like 3

So if I'm getting this right, I had a higher OW than the first(which was already big to begin with) but because it came in slightly under TDK and TDKR it's actually bad? Ummmm. OK.

It is not bad. It is a bomb.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

So if I'm getting this right, I had a higher OW than the first(which was already big to begin with) but because it came in slightly under TDK and TDKR it's actually bad? Ummmm. OK.

Basically CF opened big, but not big enough.

• Like 1

So assuming future THG movies are in 3D, is there any franchise out there that has a chance in hell of setting a new 2D record? Star Wars will be in 3D because that's just the way Disney rolls. The Bond franchise seems to be sticking with 2D, but it seems impossible that Bond could ever open that big in the States -- especially during November.

Only if studios finally give up on 3D, and that looks unlikely. Maybe if there's an Interstellar 2.

It's not big enough to be the kind of bomb that Marion Cotillard has the trigger to.

Or the kind of bomb that only the other boat can detonate.

Or the kind you just can't get rid of some days.

• Like 3

ok guys i'm outta here! i didnt really care either way !

i was just a tad annoyed at people bringing IM3 in the conversation even if i get why so yeah i'm happy for now but i'll be really happy when the year is over only the hobbit now in contention right ? ow numbers i mean 

i know cf is still officially in contention for 2013 movie of the year title box office wise DOM 

Posted Image

IM3 is still better than Catching Fire. 

And The Dark Knight Rises. 

• Like 1