ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

Yep, QT thinks he has a big dick in the director s realm.

He earned it.

Besides if you don't think you re good, nobody s gonna do it for you.

Big ego & confidence are big factors in any artist endeavor.

Top directors must have ego.

If you don't, you second guess yourself. And you don't deliver. You can't make movies on that type of scale without an ego. It's hardly a fault as a director. Especially when you're that good. And oh yes, he's that good.

• Like 1

Saying Selma was basically a TV movie was bit dickish.

Not so

Dear Anne, 

I'm writing you to pass on that the quote from the NY Times piece about "Selma" is wrong. I never saw "Selma." If you look at the article, it was Bret who was talking about "Selma," not me. I did say the line "it deserved a Emmy," but when I said it, it was more like a question. 

Which basically meant, "it's like a TV movie?" Which Bret and myself being from the same TV generation, was not only understood, but there was no slam intended. Both Bret and myself come from the seventies and eighties when there were a lot of historically based TV movies: the King mini-series written by Abby Mann staring Paul Winfield; "Crisis at Central High" with Joanne Woodward. And "Judge Horton and the Scottsboro Boys." These were great TV movies. I'd be honored to be placed next to those films. However, I haven't seen it. Does it look like a seventies TV movie? Yes. Does it play like one, I don't know, I haven't seen it. 
Q

Inglorious Basterds is actually Tarantino's least well reviewed that isn't called Jackie Brown. It has a 69 on Metacritic. If it went below that it'd be in danger of nominations usually.

That has always baffled me since I think it might be his best film of the 2000s. And The Academy loved it. It makes me wonder if all of QT's movies are safe for BP

Edited by TStechnij

Inglorious Basterds is actually Tarantino's least well reviewed that isn't called Jackie Brown. It has a 69 on Metacritic. If it went below that it'd be in danger of nominations usually.

That has always baffled me since I think it might be his best film of the 2000s. And The Academy loved it. It makes me wonder if all of QT's movies are safe for BP

What.

Inglorious is one of his best. Fuck off meta critic.

What.

Inglorious is one of his best. Fuck off meta critic.

I think the "backlash" has to do with subject matter. People also theorize that the critics recognized they got it wrong which is why the heavily rewarded Django, which is (in my opinion and I'm sure many others) the weaker of the two films.

• Like 1