lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Telemachos, now was CF?

Solid. Good. Not a bad film. Above average. Didn't particularly engage me beyond that. Hemsworth and Hutchinson are black holes of charisma, which is part of the problem. Lawrence is great and without her the whole thing would be pretty drab -- same as the first one.Definitely better than Harry Potter, though. Edited by Telemachos

Solid. Good. Not a bad film. Above average. Didn't particularly engage me beyond that. Lawrence is great and without her the whole thing would be pretty drab -- same as the first one.Definitely better than Harry Potter, though.

So good but overrated ala Skyfall?

So good but overrated ala Skyfall?

Eh, SKYFALL is more impressive from a visual and production standpoint (Mendes is a much better visual director than Lawrence), but the story's a lot more absurd. CF has a better story and some more interesting aspects but aside from JLaw not a lot is a real stand-out.

Solid. Good. Not a bad film. Above average. Didn't particularly engage me beyond that. Hemsworth and Hutchinson are black holes of charisma, which is part of the problem. Lawrence is great and without her the whole thing would be pretty drab -- same as the first one.Definitely better than Harry Potter, though.

OH SNAP!!! Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

Solid. Good. Not a bad film. Above average. Didn't particularly engage me beyond that. Hemsworth and Hutchinson are black holes of charisma, which is part of the problem. Lawrence is great and without her the whole thing would be pretty drab -- same as the first one.Definitely better than Harry Potter, though.

I mostly agree with you on Hemsworth lacking charisma (though I blame some of that on Collin's character since that's how Gale is in the books too), but I thought Hutcherson really stepped it up in CF. He was relatable and I felt sorry for him almost as much as Katniss.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Im loving these CF #'s, but just curious...are people still keeping in mind post-Thanksgiving or are you just treating this as any other normal weekend? Now people are saying a total above TDKR and what not? I'll go ahead and admit I was probably wrong about not passing $400M, though its still early, but some are getting carried away and I think they're forgetting this is arguably the 2nd biggest holiday in America which helps - alot. We can celebrate, but nothing is still sure-fire until we see next weekends drops.

• Like 1