lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

So around $74-75 million weekend + 35-36 million wed/thu numbers. Catching Fire will be at around $295-296 million exactly where it needs to be to reach 400 million after the first 10 days. +35% over DH1 after first 10 days. DH1 made $76 million rest of the way. 76 * 1.35 = 102.6 This comes out to be around $399 million so it will be right on track for 400 million.

420-430 is VERY possible.

So around $74-75 million weekend + 35-36 million wed/thu numbers. Catching Fire will be at around $295-296 million exactly where it needs to be to reach 400 million after the first 10 days.

+35% over DH1 after first 10 days.

DH1 made $76 million rest of the way.

76 * 1.35 = 102.6

This comes out to be around $399 million so it will be right on track for 400 million.

Already it has shown it is holding much better than potter. I expect it to do at least 30% better than potter rest of the way. I am thinking at least 130M after this weekend of mid to high 70's.

Bay Area as of 1028pm

Catching Fire: 38 sellouts

Frozen: 47 sellouts

CF made huge gains from evening sellouts while also having shit ton more showtimes than Frozen.

Really thinking that both can hit the high end of RTH range.

nice, did you track the AMC theaters? I skipped over them.

Bay Area as of 1028pm

Catching Fire: 38 sellouts

Frozen: 47 sellouts

CF made huge gains from evening sellouts while also having shit ton more showtimes than Frozen.

Really thinking that both can hit the high end of RTH range.

I just want 30M from both. :D

Already it has shown it is holding much better than potter. I expect it to do at least 30% better than potter rest of the way. I am thinking at least 130M after this weekend of mid to high 70's.

I am assuming it will do at least 35% better than Potter. It is facing more competition though with Hobbit and then another 10 movies opening or expanding between 13th and 25th.

I am assuming it will do at least 35% better than Potter. It is facing more competition though with Hobbit and then another 10 movies opening or expanding between 13th and 25th.

Christmas weekend helps out any movie. CF is going to pass IM3 that weekend.
  • Like 1

Christmas weekend helps out any movie. CF is going to pass IM3 that weekend.

Both movies are following identical schedule but CF is doing much more. 35% is probably the low end. It can do as much as 50% better than potter which will take it over $410 million.

As of 1:39a.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 6 Sellouts in Anchorage, AK

Frozen - 14 Sellouts in Anchorage, AK

That's more sellouts than the last two days combined (wed-thur) for Frozen, very impressive. And that is without a doubt the best 2nd Friday performance for a YA movie I have tracked here in Anchorage, though I imagine the first potter was on a similar level back in 01 before I started tracking. YA films tend to tank after opening wknd in this city, In fact they usually stop sellout out after their first Friday, with some exceptions, with none getting sellouts in there 2nd wknd.

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Frozen gets within 1 million of CF today then it'll beat if fro the weekend. Am I right? 

Depends, some YA films don't fall hard on sat(more than 5%) or sun(more than 45%), and this film has been back-loaded every day of its run so far.