lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Toy Story 2, which for 14 years was the biggest Thanksgiving opener, and has to be one of the most beloved animated films of all time, "only" had a 4.29 multiplier from its 3-day and 3.05 from its 5-day. And that was in 1999. If Frozen follows it from a $67m 3-day and a $94m 5-day, it'll finish at $287m. I really can't see it doing that AND $13m more right now, not that it isn't a fantastic run in any case, because I never would've predicted more than $225m for it. And now it's gonna do 250.

405-425 for CF and 255-275 for Frozen sounds pretty good for me right now. Both will need to hold better than most movies generally do next weekend (sub-60% for CF, sub-55% for Frozen) in order to do more than that, IMO. Still huge wins in both cases.

• Like 1

I could have expected this number from CF, but I think the great news come from Frozen. Incredible numbers.

Audience is starving for a premium family fare. Thanksgiving+ Disney animation = can't lose.

The trailers don't look that impressive and I never predicted anything more than $55M for 3-day. This is great news for Disney...again.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Audience is starved of premium family fare. The trailers don't look that impressive and I never predicted anything more than $55M for 3-day. This is great news for Disney...again.

Uhh, Cloudy 2 was premium family fare when nothing else was out, but look at how that did. Frozen did well because it's classic Disney, and TBH, I feel like we should be viewing it as a sort-of sequel to Tangled, as it was marketed as Tangled was but has the clout of WIR and Tangled behind it

• Like 1

Deadline says CF did $32.3 million and Frozen nearly 27 M

Deadline says CF did $32.3 million and Frozen nearly 27 M

Deadline is deadline, these estimates are from the studio themselves.