lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

I'm with Jack. This year has been surprisingly good.  Yes there's been a lot of crap too but imo there's been a lot of quality films.  And TITE is in my top 5 as well.

I just realized I'm almost like a mix between you and Gopher when it comes to movies I like. Indie, artsy-fartsy foreign documentaries but also stuff like Escape Plan and Bad Grandpa.

• Like 1

After last week I was one of the few that predicted over 70, so it beat even my lofty expectations.

Yes, this movie is clearly behaving like (maybe not as strong, but at least close) TTT compared to FOTR.  

Overall I'd have to say this was a fantastic extended weekend at the box office. Definitely among the highlights of the year. Hopefully Catching Fire and Frozen will continue to hold their ground among the Christmas rush of films.

• Like 1

Boy, 2013 just kinda came and went, didn't it? December already...

Every year feels like that for me.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. And since none of us know what's going to happen at the end of the line, we might as well enjoy the trip.

Okay? That's just one movie. How many other movies did you see? I've watched about 130 movies from this year and while obviously a big slice of them is shit there's a lot of really good stuff in there.

130 movies? Jesus I'm lucky to get to the theater 5 times a year