Impact

2011 Best Picture Predicts

I want anything that will make Jeff Wells throw a tantrum to win. That shit is just too funny. Right now, he`s shitting bricks over 2-3 Artist wins.

Yep, it's begun! Haven't had time to read it yet but he just posted a long rant here-

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2011/12/sheep_eating_ar.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=Daily/Hourly+Hollywood+Meditation&utm_content=Opinion,+wisdom,+tin+foil,+attitude

Updated following results of NYFCC and NBR:

1. The Descendants

2. The Artist

3. War Horse

4. Moneyball

5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

6. Midnight in Paris

7. Hugo

8. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

9. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

10. The Help

12/11 Update:

1. The Artist

2. The Descendants

3. Hugo

4. Moneyball

5. War Horse

6. The Tree of Life

7. The Help

8. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

10. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Next update will come 12/19 after BFCA noms (12/13), SAG noms (12/14), GG noms (12/15) and Chicago Critic winners (12/19)

The guy in my avatar of course! It was a real subtle emotional performance and a nice change of pace for Hollywood's current go-to bad guy.

Oh yea he was good too. Have you read the book? That's not how the you-know-who dies, but I think the movie did it really well. Gay lovers <3

I`m dreading GGs because they don`t care for quality and may resurrect KK`s histrionics just because they prefer red carpet-friendly actresses to good performances. Plus, word has it that Williams will be in Comedy which opens a slot in drama for obligatory big name to fill.

Coolio, who's in your Avatar?

Has The Artist expanded outside of LA/NY yet? That's the frustrating thing about these awards, I really can't say shit until I've seen these snooty movie myself which won't make it to anytown USA until January.

What's cool is that even the regular people movie theaters here get movies like The Descendants, not just the high end indie only play one movie a month theaters.

What's cool is that even the regular people movie theaters here get movies like The Descendants, not just the high end indie only play one movie a month theaters.

I went to an indie theater in New York this summer. They didn't even serve popcorn, just some weird banana bread thing. Never again....