Impact

2011 Best Picture Predicts

The Artist The Help Moneyball War Horse Young Adult The Descendants Midnight in Paris Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Very tempted to include Extremely Loud, but since zero people have seen it, I won't do it just yet. War Horse has early buzz that's positive enough, and TGWTDT just looks like an absolutely epic film based on the trailer, plus I'm a Fincher fan so give me a little break there. I think The Artist is most likely to win it, with The Help, War Horse, Young Adult and TGWTDT (and possibly Extremely Loud) also in contention. MIP, Moneyball, TTSS and The Descendants have practically no chance imo.

Where are these reviews for Hugo?

Here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970179/board/nest/189556446?p=1

And here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970179/board/nest/190576368?p=1

My favorite part is:

"Scorsese received an enthusiastic standing ovation when he was introduced, just as he did again today after a DGA screening for a Q&A moderated by James Cameron, who told him Hugo was a “masterpiece.” He added, “finally there is a Scorsese film I can take my kids to.” And Cameron also told Scorsese it was the best use of 3D he had seen, including his own films."

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/hammond-scorseses-hugo-takes-hollywood-is-it-a-best-picture-contender-or-pretender/

;)

I really don't like predicting a winner until I've at least seen the majority of movies likely to be nominated. Up to this point the only candidates I've seen are...

Midnight in Paris- Solid bet for a nomination, but a longshot for the win.

Tree of Life- Another solid bet for a nomination but it is a polarizing movie, people either loved it or hated (I'm in the camp that was bored to tears) it which should water down the votes making it a longshot.

The Help- Another easy nomination. A well acted crowd pleaser and probably the current leader for films already released.

What you make of La Jolie`s ITLOBAH? Awardsdaily fucks hype the shit out of this anti-Serb propaganda but they have such terrible taste in movies. I mean, they are chamioning KK`s scenery chewing in ADM for crying out loud! Anyway, I hope all their hopefuls flop because everything that those pretentious creeps support is Razzie-worthy.