Travod

Your Single Favorite Track From An Original Score Ever

I would play a particular level of Shadows of the Empire on the N64 over and over just so I could hear from 5:10 onwards from the Rescue from cloud city track.

#Nerd Alert

Ord Mantell's spaceship junkyard train level, IG-88 was the boss at the end of the ride.

#Nerd Spotted

One of my favorite cue as well is the one heard in the Gall mountains level when you stroll along the cliffs up to Boba Fett's hideout and fights against the Slave-One.

(At 4'20)

In general, ESB OST contains all the most memorable SW themes out of the whole saga from beginning (Battle Of Hoth, Asteroid Field, Imperial March, Han and the Princess) to end (Carbon Freeze/Boba Fett escape, Clash Of Lightsabers, Rescue Cloud City/Hyperspace, Rebel Fleet and End Credits featuring the most sweeping finale it actually made TPM's trailer epic).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

theres too many to choose from.  My absolute favourite soundtrack is for the LOTR trilogy. It is perfection. A Masterpiece. I wouldn't be able to pick one track out. It wouldn't be fair to it.

Gladiator is amazing too as is Titanic and Braveheart OST. Pretty much agree with everyone picks in this thread tbh.

i'll put one down though...

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1

Although i love dozens or even hundreds, my favorite, by far is John William's Imperial March.

Whenever i hear this it pumps my heart in such a way that i feel as if me, alone, could invade a country just with a spoon...

Listen to this. It fucking rocks. It's played live by the Philharmonic of Vienna. AWESOMENESS.

• Like 1

Most underrated track from the most underrated movie ever:

Lolwut? It's an absolute iconic tune if you're a movie buff. I think a lot of people know that tune without even knowing it is from Last Of The Mohicans. It's not underrated at all.

The same as this:

It has been used in countless trailers to make footage epic, it has been ingrained in mainstream movie goers memory.

• Like 2

Ord Mantell's spaceship junkyard train level, IG-88 was the boss at the end of the ride.

#Nerd Spotted

One of my favorite cue as well is the one heard in the Gall mountains level when you stroll along the cliffs up to Boba Fett's hideout and fights against the Slave-One.

(At 4'20)

In general, ESB OST contains all the most memorable SW themes out of the whole saga from beginning (Battle Of Hoth, Asteroid Field, Imperial March, Han and the Princess) to end (Carbon Freeze/Boba Fett escape, Clash Of Lightsabers, Rescue Cloud City/Hyperspace, Rebel Fleet and End Credits featuring the most sweeping finale it actually made TPM's trailer epic).

I would play a particular level of Shadows of the Empire on the N64 over and over just so I could hear from 5:10 onwards from the Rescue from cloud city track.

#Nerd Alert

Loving the SW: SOTE discussion.  It really is a soundtrack for the ages. 

Alot of people thought, when Shadows of the Empire came out, that Joel McNeely could be the heir apparent of John Williams if he croaked.  I agreed.

Lolwut? It's an absolute iconic tune if you're a movie buff. I think a lot of people know that tune without even knowing it is from Last Of The Mohicans. It's not underrated at all.

That's my point. People may recognize it but 8/10 times they don't know where it came from. So they don't list it when it comes to ranking their favorite movie tracks even if they really dig it. Which kind of makes it "underrated" in the sense that people cannot be bothered to move their asses to find out what it is. Sometimes it is an oversight on movie buff lists too. It is never given the full credit that it deserves. The movie fares even worse. Especially as it is far superior to the book.