baumer

Tues #s RTH Catching Fire: 4, Frozen 2.4, Homefront 800K, Thor 700K

That movie thinks it's so fucking quirky and awesome. Fuck it. Hipster bullshit.

I think perhaps I need to sit down with a pound of coke and write my next novel.  That seems to be what Hollywood does.

• Like 2

I think perhaps I need to sit down with a pound of coke and write my next novel.  That seems to be what Hollywood does.

After every five or so pages you need to organize an orgy. Then you've got it

It's a clever meta commentary on horror movies, movies in general, and the act of watching them. It's not a great movie, but I thought it was refreshing and funny. And it isn't afraid to poke fun at itself too -- it's not grimly pretentious.

I'll admit I laughed a few times in it but I just didn't get out of it what you did.  And I doubt I'll watch it again to give it another chance.

[*]Bad Grandpa will pass $100m this weekend

[*]Is Nebraska going to expand further?

[*]Madea Christmas will underperform (lackluster buzz), Frozen has a chance at #2 during Hobbit weekend

Just out of curiosity lilmac, how is there a lack of buzz for Madea?  Doesn't "she" have a built in audience?  

After every five or so pages you need to organize an orgy. Then you've got it

Yes!  Agreed.  So lines of coke, type out 5 pages in 2 hours.  Pause, get hotties and bang for another two hours. More coke.  

If anyone has about $20,000 to lend me for this endeavour, please pm me and I'll give you my account details.  I'll of course pay you back when it becomes a screenplay.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity lilmac, how is there a lack of buzz for Madea?  Doesn't "she" have a built in audience?  

Yes, and I'm referring to buzz within his core audience.  I think they will forgo this one.  I see this coming in on the low end of Tyler Perry movies as far as box-office goes.  

The reactions to the trailer during a recent packed Best Man Holiday screening were audible..and not good.  "That looks stupid", "Tyler Perry needs to hang it up", people shaking their heads....it was bad.

• Like 1

Yes, and I'm referring to buzz within his core audience.  I think they will forgo this one.  I see this coming in on the low end of Tyler Perry movies as far as box-office goes.  

The reactions to the trailer during a recent packed Best Man Holiday screening were audible..and not good.  "That looks stupid", "Tyler Perry needs to hang it up", people shaking their heads....it was bad.

I'll admit I too was disappointed with the trailer but I like Madea so much that I'll give it a chance.

• Like 1