CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Isn't this Halba guy the one who makes non-stop statements such as this one, for like half the blockbusters out there?

Before MOS was released he was stating how this was going to be the best superhero movie, then the reviews came in and he did a complete 180.

Before MOS was released he was stating how this was going to be the best superhero movie, then the reviews came in and he did a complete 180.

The turnaround over MOS was the biggest flip flop I have seen for a recent film...

Early 2013: MOS is going to be all time legend film, Nolan is involved...

MOS release: Films ends up with lower audience reception and critic score then IM3..

Posted Image

This whole deal of pointing out that it almost did what AUJ did on FRIDAY is skewing reality.  The fact is it will do about 6 mill less for the entire Friday gross.  Since when have we just forgotten about midnights?  And perhaps a better indication of what it will do is to take the multiplier from midnights or from OD:

Thanks Baumer. I thought I was losing my mind for a minute. I was wondering why people were taking out midnights to make a comparison to AUJ. That makes no sense.

Isn't this Halba guy the one who makes non-stop statements such as this one, for like half the blockbusters out there?

He's more famous for turning on a movie on a dime based on RT scores, runtime or something else ridiculous. LOL he's hilarious.

• Like 1

Since always, it helps for estimating Saturdays.

I'm not talking about for the weekend predictions.

I'm talking about when comparing it to the previous movie like some are doing here. By saying take midnights out it's Friday business is only x amount less than the first for Friday. That's what doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

What's the deal with the thread title? :lol:

Last night early ranges had it at 26-31.  People were jumping off buildings with the possibility of 26, but now that it has opened at 31, Idris Elba made a cameo appearance and told us so.  :)

• Like 6

I'm not talking about for the weekend predictions. I'm talking about when comparing it to the previous movie like some are doing here. By saying take midnights out it's Friday business is only x amount less than the first for Friday. That's what doesn't make any sense.

That's just a fact though. Despite weaker midnights, it made almost the same amount on Friday. Here's the post in question. I don't see the problem in separating it out.

What are we at?  8.8M from midnights?  Assuming that 32.5M figure holds, that's basically matching what AUJ did on Friday (minus previews if that still hasn't caught on yet). 8.8M Midnigts23.7M Friday28.4M Saturday (+20%)19.9M Sunday (-30%) 72.0M Fri-Sun80.8M Weekend Matching AUJ's multiplier of 4.05 (Fri-Sun) would put it smack on target for 300M.

• Founder / Operator

Last night early ranges had it at 26-31.  People were jumping off buildings with the possibility of 26, but now that it has opened at 31, Idris Elba made a cameo appearance and told us so.   :)

:rofl:

• Like 1