CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Both were great, so it is hard for me to say which one is better. :huh:

i liked TITE well enough but when i saw TWE & lolled so much I put into persective all this 'cum' humour & Jonah Hill from TITE & realised I have no desire to rewatch it :wacko:

Edited by Leyla

i liked TITE well enough but when i saw TWE & lolled so much I put into persective all this 'cum' humour & Jonah Hill from TITE & realised I have no desire to rewatch it :wacko:

Sorry, I can't help but laugh. TITE (or titi) in my language is the male reproductive organ. lol

Sorry, I can't help but laugh. TITE (or titi) in my language is the male reproductive organ. lol

TITE reminds me of tits :P

well in my language Kal means 'poop'

No wonder MoS only grossed 10mil here

Who wants to see a movie with a hero named Poop :D

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

I'm so tired of this silly bloated argument.

Did they see the same film? The pace was almost perfect for me. What scene is bloated?  :rolleyes:

There is nothing silly about the bloated argument. It's extremely bloated. The scenes in Laketown were far too long, and the scenes of them wandering around (+ the forest) took its sweet ass time. 

It is WAY too long. I just came out of the theaters and I promise you not, my neck hurts a little bit. There were a couple of great scenes, but all of them were action-oriented. It also makes it harder for someone to feel invested when the film is overstuffed with characters we can't feel for but are somehow expected to. 

Even Smaug's scenes, despite Cumberbatch's amazing voice, sometimes got a bit too long. There were some creative scenes, and thank God they toned down the childish and toilet humor. Who's the main character of the film? Bilbo? Really? 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

God I hate to say this but Noctis is right about the bloat. Laketown and Smaug in particular had it. The movie was very slow to get started, the Beorn scene could have been axed in particular. Also anything with Tauriel and Kili was bloat. Although it's come to my attention that whole bit apparently was not PJ's idea?

• Like 2

I never found AUJ bloated, but with DoS I can totally understand the argument. I was bored from the 20 minute mark. I'm honestly baffled at just how clumsy Jackson's direction has got.

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada

God I hate to say this but Noctis is right about the bloat. Laketown and Smaug in particular had it. The movie was very slow to get started, the Beorn scene could have been axed in particular. Also anything with Tauriel and Kili was bloat. Although it's come to my attention that whole bit apparently was not PJ's idea?

Remove me from Ignore. I wanna send you a PM. 

I never found AUJ bloated, but with DoS I can totally understand the argument. I was bored from the 20 minute mark. I'm honestly baffled at just how clumsy Jackson's direction has got.

Yeah, AUJ has far less bloat than a lot of people here try to claim. After the dinner the bloat is extremely minimal in that film, mainly limited to some Radagast stuff. DOS on the other hand has it scattered all over.

Edited by MovieMan89

The half-hour singalong wasn't bloated? LOL. The countless minutes of them just wandering through? 

AUJ is more bloated than DOS. Significantly more, but DoS is disappointing. It should have been a lot better. Jackson just DOES NOT KNOW WHAT EDITING IS. 

• Like 2

The singalong was fine. I do recognize that that stuff was aimed more towards kids and could be seen as unnecessary, but honestly the bits in The Shire didnt bother me.

The songs I liked at the dinner, since that's how it is in the book. And "Misty Mountains" is easily the best piece of music to come out of this trilogy so far and rivals some of the LOTR score. It's the talking that got so long, imo. That dinner just seemed to go on forever.

Edited by MovieMan89

obv its not Wednesday & I havent seen it but from the comments elsewhere I got the feeling that the pace was uneven

Some parts dragged & some were too short & fleeting

I hate that I couldn't say that PJ nailed it this time. :( I really walked into my screening expecting to say that afterwards. Yeah, the pacing is just uneven, imo. If there was gonna be bloat again I'd rather of had it all it the beginning like AUJ than in parts throughout.