CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

I didn't mind the Laketown expansion since it makes Bard more than just a random heroic dude who shows up in the back half of the novel.

I was just talking about Sick dwarf and Kate trying to save his ass. I was in a very "GODDAMNIT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS SHEEEIT GO BACK TO THE DRAGON" mood with those bits.

I was just talking about Sick dwarf and Kate trying to save his ass. I was in a very "GODDAMNIT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS SHEEEIT GO BACK TO THE DRAGON" mood with those bits.

Ah that. Yeah that could have been tightened up a little and not have ended mid-beat with Legolas going Texas Ranger pursuit after Bolg.

The only movie ive seen in IMAX was Gravity 3D and IMO it was a waste of $14, $28 total. I saw Gravity again the next week in regular 2D and I didn't notice the difference - at all. The Gravity IMAX didn't feel the screen as I was expecting, and it was already a liemax, or close to it, so that drug the size down further. I noticed the sound difference, but it was just louder. Gravity doesn't have alot of elaborate sound so it wasnt a noticeable difference either, but in terms of the screen it felt just as big as the regular screen.

The 3D effects were amazing, but in 2D they were just as good. Stuff popping out was fun, but I still felt the same emotional effect in 2D. Maybe my opinion will change if I can find a real IMAX, but as of now its not worth the price to me. Fortunately I live where tickets are still as cheap as $8 even at the megaplexes so I'm fine with that. Nothing in the future looks IMAX worthy to me anyways. Gravity I was persuaded by the reviews and the scale of space.

Edited by Jandrew

I think that's my problem with the cliffhanger. After what feels like an hour, that's not a very good way to reward your audience. Too much journey for ultimately a one year wait for the payoff. I guess you could say the end point was unexpected. When the third picks up, I'll be annoyed that I was there...had to wait one year and then go back again.

So it would be fair to say, that for the Third movie, you have to go (puts on Sunglasses)....

Posted Image

There and Back Again

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
  • Like 6

230 is really low. But let's see what the decrease is today before we say it's guaranteed to finish higher than 230. If it does drop 25% today, it goes to 23 mill and that puts it at 69-70 mill. And if that is the opening number, 230 is not locked.

230 has been my predict all along. #winning #DomesticFlop

It may not be a good Saturday but it's in line with what Hobbit dropped. 

It's still far too early. Aside from Rth's original big range most early numbers (which were a couple hours later than this) last night had Hobbit below 30 million at the highest, and potentially as low as 26 also. I fully expect these numbers to jump a couple million by night's end.

If DOS matches AUJ's Friday-midnights increase, it is at 25.7m.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

It's still far too early. Aside from Rth's original big range most early numbers (which were a couple hours later than this) last night had Hobbit below 30 million at the highest, and potentially as low as 26 also. I fully expect these numbers to jump a couple million by night's end.

If DOS matches AUJ's Friday-midnights increase, it is at 25.7m.

I don't expect them to jump all that much.  That's a 25% drop, which is exactly what AUJ dropped on Saturday.

Ah that. Yeah that could have been tightened up a little and not have ended mid-beat with Legolas going Texas Ranger pursuit after Bolg.

It also could have used Orlando Bloom actually on a horse instead of using some terrible CGI

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, how do you figure that out when it's only 6:45 on the West coast? 

5:45 :) and it was done earlier than that.

Basically look at sample data so far add in some historical data and few other things and extrapolate from that

• Like 6