Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

Look Stingray, I know I'm the dumbass here. The movie is perfect but I just didn't get it, therefore it needs to be seen again while paying more attention to the symbolism and the filmmaking technique of Kubrick.

Don't fuck with me. 

:lol: I agree. The movie insists upon itself.

The fact that Jack was kind of an asshole from the get-go lessened the effect of his breakdown for me. But again, I shouldn't be making comments because I obviously didn't fully internalize the movie.

It's creepy and scary as shit in spots, but yeah, Jack is a psycho dick from the beginning and wildly overacts, Shelley Duvall does a terrible job, the kid is lousy (but to be fair, he's just a kid)...etc
  • Like 2

It's creepy and scary as shit in spots, but yeah, Jack is a psycho dick from the beginning and wildly overacts, Shelley Duvall does a terrible job, the kid is lousy (but to be fair, he's just a kid)...etc

Posted Image

• Like 3

I've never watched the Shining all the way through. One day it was randomly on cable and I started watching it in the middle. All it was was Jack slowly looking for this lady. It was quite lengthy and it started to unnerve me. I really didn't like that feeling so I changed it and never tried to watch it again.

Shelly Duvall was perfect for that role.  Danny was awesome.  Jack is brilliant.  Kubrick knocked it out of the park.  Tele saying Shining isn't that good is about as absurd as me saying that DOS is Plan 9 bad.  :)

• Like 4

Damn Tele thanks for this post.

• Like 1

Yeah, the acting is pretty subpar. But the sense of dread and atmosphere is f**king excellent.

• Like 1

Yeah, the acting is pretty subpar. But the sense of dread and atmosphere is f**king excellent.

Is there an alternate universe Shining you guys are talking about?

• Like 3