filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Whoa. $300m isn't locked but definitely possible. $350m is not happening.

If estimates hold up, Frozen just grossed $.2 million MORE than last Friday!Frozen's run has been beyond remarkable; the movie is definitely bucking all normal trends so to say a total gross of $350 million is "not happening" is foolish.I honestly doubted $300 million was possible even after its stellar OW during Thanksgiving... But $300 million appears to be all but inevitable at this point.$350 will not be easy... But it's definitely possible. Edited by NYer4Life

I wasn't the biggest Anchorman fan so maybe I'm not the best judge, but AM2 sure seemed to drag in the middle section and the crowd was getting a bit restless, and the Kristen Wiig subplot was awful.  Enjoyed the beginning and the ending was great and got laughs and applause.

• Founder / Operator

Man, the news (see what I did there? :P) for Anchorman 2 just doesn't seem to be improving like some of us thought it would. I'm not even sure word of mouth is going to be that great.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I liked Anchorman 2 and laughed through the whole thing but I'm pretty sure there's 101 jokes in there that are just gonna be awkward if I ever watch the movie by myself and not with a crowd of people who are clearly huge fans.

Edited by CoolioD1