CaptainJackSparrow

Dark Knight Rises VS Iron Man 3....ugh

Dark Knight Rises or IM3  

65 members have voted

1. 1. DKR or IM3

• DKR
    • IM3

TDKR, and it's not even close (though I do enjoy IM3). TDKR is one of the best movies of 2012 period.

As for the twist. The Mandarins was much worse. The Talia twist made much sense in the context of the story, the Mandarin twist just felt like a big fuck u to the fanboys.

Yeah, those fanboys that probably make up 0.01% of the people that saw it, how dare they upset those hard to please, full of themselves fanboys lol.

Fanboys are hypocrites anyways. "Oh there aren't enough twists in Hollywood, what ever happened to being surprised??" "Oh what a stupid twist, im so offended" lol. It was a great marketing campaign for IM3 'You'll never see me coming' was a great line when you look back on it.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Ledger winning that Oscar had more to do with his untimely death than it did the role itself and the Academy giving him the Oscar was Post-Humous and honoring more of his career than anything...

OH YEAH, because LORD KNOWS he was rivaling Day-Lewis with such a stunningly stellar filmography...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I can't choose between the 2 in all honestly, I liked them both in different ways. TDKR has grown on me in the past year and I did go in with high expectations. I went into IM3 with pretty modest expectation and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I also found IM3 surprisingly better on multiple viewings but I enjoy comedy. Tis a draw for me.

I said this very same thing and Baumer says I'm making up more shit.. Ledger winning that Oscar had more to do with his untimely death than it did the role itself and the Academy giving him the Oscar was Post-Humous and honoring more of his career than anything... For some reason when you say it, it's Ok, when I say, I'm full of shit, so whatever...

I don't remember anyone agreeing with me when I said that, it's just I don't think he would have won an oscar for a different reason to what you think. I think the Academy would have simply made a bad decision and not giving him one and you think he just wasn't good enough for it and the Oscar was for his career as a whole rather than that single performance. That's the difference.