CaptainJackSparrow

Dark Knight Rises VS Iron Man 3....ugh

Dark Knight Rises or IM3  

65 members have voted

1. 1. DKR or IM3

• DKR
    • IM3

When exactly could SHIELD have turned up? Tony didn't want their help when he was in Tennesee and them turning up in Miami might've caused a huge gunfight and let the Mandarin escape in the chaos. By the time Tony learnt of Killian's plan, there wasn't time to contact them before the plane attack/ president is executed.

I thought Shield was supposed to have a watchful eye on every event on the globe?  You're telling me that with all this insanity going on that they don't bother to check in on Tony or the White House to see if anyone could use their freakin' assistance?  Fury shows up to dick around at Dunkin' Donuts when Stark is getting poisoned but can't be bothered to check and see if he's actually dead or to keep a close eye on the President during an international crisis? 

And since when has Shield needed Tony's permission to get involved with a situation?

Also, Tony doesn't exactly like relying on them as shown in... pretty much every film he's in previous to this. 

WOW, you just pointed out ANOTHER monumentally stupid decision by Tony that I may have glanced over the first time.  Thanks!  My Mansion is destroyed, my girlfriend is kidnapped, super powered terrorists are trying to kill me and I have very limited resources,

BUT...

"EVERYONE CHILL DAFUQ OUT, I GOT DIS!!!"

Yeah, why didn't they deploy a rescue?! It's not like they thought he was dea-oh wait.

So no search party then, because LORD KNOWS no one thought to be dead has EVER been found alive later on, have they!

Yeah, because God knows, wouldn't everyone be just so happy if the Hulk turned up?! It's not like he's a mass of Berserker rage that Banner tries very hard to avoid awakening- oh wait.

Oh yeah, cause he was TOTALLY unreliable during the Avenger's climax, wasn't he.  It seems like this version of the Hulk is one of those "because the plot says so" kind of characters, don't question the logic or inconsistency, just sit back and watch the carnage.

Why does Bruce Wayne stop being Batman in TDKR? 

Bruce didn't set the bat cave and all his devices to blow up, did he?  All Tony had to do was bequeath them to Rhodey or someone else he trusted and it would have been fine.  At no point did I question Tony wanting to retire and settle down, but nuking his useful arsenal just seems foolish.

Considering there are a lot of people here who think the same about TDKR (if it wasn't a Nolan film), I don't think you should be throwing that particular stone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grab a napkin, Homie...

Posted Image

You just got served.

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 2

All day. Everyday.

Posted Image

Trevor owns em all!

'Wayne who????? :D  Bane who??

Joker ??? who are all those ppl?  :lol: '

- Also,

Posted Image

WHERE THE MOD EDITING MOD EDIT WAS THIS GUY DURING ANY OF THIS!?!

:rofl: Brucey was busy silently facepalming @ the Nolanites

Posted Image

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

If only iJack was here to take part in The Great Superhero Wall War of Christmas 2013.

Because a title like that deserves to have a bad poem made around it

Sit down boys and girls of Box Office.com

And I'll tell you a tale or Rukaio101

For he was a handsome chap, with nobody finer

But he also had an ego twice the size of China

One day he was strolling through the forums, you see

When he discovered a thread about Iron Man 3

'I do love that film' said he. 'I'd give it many prizes.'

'It's much better than that sham they call The Dark Knight Rises'

So he entered the thread, expecting no disaster

But the thread had been hijacked by that grinch named Squaremaster

For he hated Iron Man and all of its slicks

And decided to complain about it with a ton of nitpicks.

When Rukaio saw this he felt rather savage

'Next he'll say Cloud Atlas was just 'kinda average!'

'I must stop this grinch from stating his opinion!'

'For his views undermine IM3's fine dominion!'

So the two charged each other and bickered through the night.

But all they could agree on was that IM2 was shite.

They filled up the thread with great walls of text.

Which left the Boxofficeites feeling rather perplexed.

They wished for it to stop, with all of their hopes

But they were blocked out by too many quotes

When suddenly down from the forum chimney

Came Santa Claus with an important message for we.

'Stop your fighting, your squabbling and cries!

For I have a message to tell all you guys...... (and girls)

It matters not if you like a film or do not

As long as you appreciate the great films you've got!'

Rukaio and Squaremaster realised he was right

And that there was really little point to their fight.

Why bicker and whine and give each other smack

When they could be watching Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back?

And their hearts grew more times than I care to mention

As they bonded over memories of the Shawshank Redemption.

They also learnt to be kinder and meek

But were back to arguing in almost a week.

So the Box office was peaceful all through Christmas time

But I'm running out of things to make rhyme.

So I'll wish you all a good Christmas, rather.

I'm going home to rewatch The Godfather.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I took way too long to do all of this.

I hope it won't end up being total piss.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 2

you gotta be joking

Talia's death was 1 second of bad acting, Mandarin twist affected the whole damn movie. 

Nice to see my Christmas message got through so well....

Film friends grades! My whole group grades movies the same way. So I asked around.

Actor roommate: IM 3 (70) TDKR (89)

Producer roommate: IM 3 (75) TDKR (85)

USC film buddy: IM 3 (92) TDKR (81)

Writing buddy: IM 3 (80) TDKR (90)

My dad on the other hand believes TDKR is the best superhero movie ever. He say's every time it's on HBO he watch's the whole thing.

• Like 6

Film friends grades! My whole group grades movies the same way. So I asked around.Actor roommate: IM 3 (70) TDKR (89)Producer roommate: IM 3 (75) TDKR (85)USC film buddy: IM 3 (92) TDKR (81)Writing buddy: IM 3 (80) TDKR (90)My dad on the other hand believes TDKR is the best superhero movie ever. He say's every time it's on HBO he watch's the whole thing.

ed is your father?
  • Like 12

IM2 is such a terrible piece of shit that IM3 for me looked better than it was. But after seeing it for the second time, it was just an ok movie for me. TDKR on the other hand, had TDK as its prequel so the bar was super high. IMO it didn't reach it, but still solid flick.

I expected high for TDKR while low for IM3... what I got was middle ground for both. Still, TDKR was more satisfying and better for me. Regardless, IM1 and BB kick other movies' asses. Those two are two of the best cbm ever IMO.

PS I don't care about the twist. I just hated the fact that Tony wasn't even in the suit most of the film, same goes for TDKR, but nobody complained a lot of that in IM3. Also, too many humor injected in the film. Same with Thor 2. Marvel need to cut some of that shit out.

I am happy for cbm doing big business, but I'd rather see quality movies rather than just big action set pieces. Seriously, majority of cbm are meh at best. Marvel did right with how they are developing their universe but most of their movies are meh while DC, other than Nolan films, are meh.

It's like marvel can't win with some people on this thread. "IM2 sucked, focused too much on setting itself up for avengers." "Iron Man 3 didn't make sense, where were all the Avengers?" LolWhen Iron Man 3 trailer was released people were actually complaining that it looked too dark and was trying to copy the Dark Knight movies. When it finally got released and turned out to b e another one of their amusing light hearted adventures, those same people complained it wasn't serious enough lol. Moan all you want about Iron Man 3, claim it was disliked but remember one thing, it was able to outgross all TDK films ;). Couldn't have been that badly received now could it?People moan that there isn't enough mysteries in movies anymore and all twist are usually spoiled. When a film finally comes and surprises us all, people on here go nuts. Fuck the Mandarin, the GA didn't care about him anyways, most people had never even heard of the Mandarin. I saw this in the cinemas twice and both times the Mandarin twist got great reactions, no - one on here can persuade me otherwise.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2