lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

47 Ronin looks to be overperforming, but it seems like it could be more frontloaded as a result, especially if audiences don't like it much more than the critics did.

I am not sure what is over performing for these movies, but I assume we are talking about of at least a 7M OD for both Mitty and 47 Ronin.

Ah. Yeah I remember her telling him that, but I guess it was never clear to me if

she actually started falling for Cooper then got over it, or if she was still faking the whole time.

I was basically feeling like Bale in my seat, but that makes the picture alot clearer. Thanks for clesring that up.

You're welcome. It seemed to me that a good chunk of the film

is supposed to make it uncertain how far Adams is taking her role and put us in Bale's shoes. I can see how the moment where we're supposed to, along with Bale, definitively figure out Adams is just playing her role isn't telegraphed the best.

I am not sure what is over performing for these movies, but I assume we are talking about of at least a 7M OD for both Mitty and 47 Ronin.

I can't say for sure, but I think each one could cross the mark. Sorry Tarzan, but Dinosaurs and Believe look like the only big turkeys today.

Still on my brit film binge now watching about a boy (haven't seen this in ages probably a decade)then "last chance harvey" "bend it like beckham" "love actually" was as sappy gooey and very brit as usual if you're a grinch by nature like me you can nearly feel your tiny heart filling up with empathy and love blech

I can't say for sure, but I think each one could cross the mark. Sorry Tarzan, but Dinosaurs and Believe look like the only big turkeys today.

It would be crazy to see them reaching a higher mark than that. Like 8-9M.

Why would you assume people will not like Ronin?

I didn't assume anything, but if there was a bit of a rush factor to see it (There was one for Immortals, and this could be similar) it will need really great WOM to survive, and I'm not sure if it can. I'm not assuming anything, because these reports have been really shaking things up.

Number of sell outs I've seen today:

Hobbit: 7

Ronnin: 4

Frozen: 3

CF: 2

Mitty: 2

Mr. Banks: 2

Madea's Christmas: 1

Note: it is possible Hobbit and Ronin have more, as some theaters are not showing times that have happened and I don't remember what times were sold out for them-but I've seen at least that many for those 2 films.

• Like 1

Number of sell outs I've seen today:

Hobbit: 7

Ronnin: 4

Frozen: 3

CF: 2

Mitty: 2

Mr. Banks: 2

Madea's Christmas: 1

Note: it is possible Hobbit and Ronin have more, as some theaters are not showing times that have happened and I don't remember what times were sold out for them-but I've seen at least that many for those 2 films.

Nothing for Wolf or American Hustle?  :blink:

John-I live where The Lone Ranger had more sellouts then DM2 :P

You live in Portugal?  :blink::P

EDIT: DM2 did way more than TLR, but TLR had less and smaller screens, so sellouts were more usual :lol:

Edited by CJohn