kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Lego Movie could be smart and innovative. Though don't think if I can sit through 90-100 minutes of stop-motion lego. Stop-motion movies haven't opened well. Chicken Run's 17.5 million was when animation was new and it's stop-motion was very smooth because clay is malleable. That 17.5 opening is still the biggest ever for stop-motion.

Marketing to kids is always lucrative. But at some point an adult will say fuc no.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I do have to say, Frozen's success is starting to lower my expectations for LEGO. Demand isn't going to be as strong for it now with Frozen still doing big business going into January.

It's still going to be successful, I mean MU and DM2 were just 2 weeks apart (and a Epic a month before) and they were both super successful
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

It's still going to be successful, I mean MU and DM2 were just 2 weeks apart (and a Epic a month before) and they were both super successful

I'm not saying it won't be successful, I'm just saying the chances of a big breakout ($200+ million) are diminishing as release approaches.

Also, MU and DM2 opened in the middle of summer. Big difference there; the market can support two big animated films during that time of year. When kids are starting back school and parents are working, demand for kiddie flicks goes down during the slower times of year (January/February especially). And if they're all coming off a big animated movie (as they will be with Frozen), they're not going to be as adamant to rush out to another one for at least another few months.

• Like 3

I do have to say, Frozen's success is starting to lower my expectations for LEGO. Demand isn't going to be as strong for it now with Frozen still doing big business going into January.

I think Frozen will be down to a point by then to where Lego won't be as effected. Though, Oscar buzz for "Let it Go" will probably keep giving it a good amount of attention, so who knows.

• Founder / Operator

I think Frozen will be down to a point by then to where Lego won't be as effected. Though, Oscar buzz for "Let it Go" will probably keep giving it a good amount of attention, so who knows.

It's not direct competition that I'm referring to, just that historically speaking we don't get multiple animated breakouts within the span of 2-3 months very often.

Eh, no. Not even the Sensei can save that piece of trash.

This is hilariously bad. This is fucking legendary. I mean, Danny Trejo jumps of a building with a dude's intestine and goes from a window to another. What is not to like? Tomorrow I am totally seeing Machete Kills.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1