kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Are you happy Mr. Pink?

Pink: Reasonably.

What would make you unhappy?

Pink: Not being able to watch my fucking Nolan movies.

Hey man, every time Batman Begins is on TV, I get the sudden urge to continue doing my shitty fanfic. So if you happen to be working as a tv programmer, put Batman Begins on...all the time. *Cough*

• Like 1

Damn, do alot of movies have special deals like that in Portugal?

One Direction also had and exploded. 10€ tickets for 4 days only with shows at 7 and 9 PM. They expanded for 2 weeks, but the movie had 90% of his total in the first 4 days. Metallica had a limited run at 9 PM during one week but it bombed. His saving grace was IMAX, in which it did quite well.

Edited by CJohn

Portugal has alot of Bieber fans??? I must check this place out!!!Thanks for the info!

I hope you would check out Portugal because of the culture, architecture and food, those seem like more legit reasons
  • Like 1

One Direction also had and exploded. 10€ tickets for 4 days only with shows at 7 and 9 PM. They expanded for 2 weeks, but the movie had 90% of his total in the first 4 days. Metallica had a limited run at 9 PM during one week but it bombed. His saving grace was IMAX, in which it did quite well.

Nice, I wish movies did that here in the USA, and not just for concert movies. Edited by Tarzan

I'm trying to decide my best 10 films of 2013 for my blog post tomorrow, and this is honestly really hard.

I have 13 movies I feel like I have to include (And 5-6 others I think deserve recognition), but im doing a top 10 (and 5 honorable mentions which don't technically count) because I think it's cheap to expand the list, because then im not choosing anything.

There are only 3 movies set in stone with their spots right now (I don't know their order, but they're my top 3), and the rest is a major jumble.

I don't know how I am going to be able to make this list, this year is to packed with deserving movies.  (And I haven't even seen Her, Dallas Buyer's Club, or Nebraska, so those could easily have changed things, but im posting my list on New Years like I did last year)

I also don't want to fuck up and do what I did last year and put Les Miserables as my number one of the year (my actual favorite was Life of Pi) only for me to barely consider it top 10 worthy about a week later.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

I'm trying to decide my best 10 films of 2013 for my blog post tomorrow, and this is honestly really hard.

I have 13 movies I feel like I have to include (And 5-6 others I think deserve recognition), but im doing a top 10 (and 5 honorable mentions which don't technically count) because I think it's cheap to expand the list, because then im not choosing anything.

There are only 3 movies set in stone with their spots right now (I don't know their order, but they're my top 3), and the rest is a major jumble.

I don't know how I am going to be able to make this list, this year is to packed with deserving movies.  (And I haven't even seen Her, Dallas Buyer's Club, or Nebraska, so those could easily have changed things, but im posting my list on New Years like I did last year)

Plug: I have opened the "Top movies of 2013" poll. Please vote in it, the thread is here:  http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13392-lists-invited-best-movies-of-2013-as-voted-by-box-office-forum-members/

You can vote by PM. Hopefully the mods let the thread stay, unless of course they are planning on an official thread for the forum.

Plug: I have opened the "Top movies of 2013" poll. Please vote in it, the thread is here:  http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13392-lists-invited-best-movies-of-2013-as-voted-by-box-office-forum-members/

You can vote by PM. Hopefully the mods let the thread stay, unless of course they are planning on an official thread for the forum.

Once my list is made I most definitely will, but im going to need to figure out what's even going to be on it first...

Why can't this be like 2011 where I was scavenging for movies to put on it, this year there are too many.

(The fact that my top 3 was Moneyball, The Artist, and Harry Potter says something about 2011 lol)

Edited by The Panda

Hmm, considering I am on the same boat as you on those two movies, might want to pick a different films)How about Rio 2 having an OW over 40 mil

No... even though I hate Rio, that's too low a bar for me to accept

LOL are you sure that's what happened? 

During the actual movie, you can read her lips and she says "Is this where I run away?" or something like that :lol:

• Like 1

No... even though I hate Rio, that's too low a bar for me to accept

During the actual movie, you can read her lips and she says "Is this where I run away?" or something like that :lol:

Haha aw man, lol. :lol:  :lol:

Top engagements weekend 27-30/121-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY   137,566(WOWS)2-El Capitan, HollyWood CA   90,045(FRZ)3-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook 16, Calgary AB     87,811(DOS)4-Regal Union Square 14,New York City NY 75,345(WOWS)5-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON     71,479(DOS)6-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY   71,116(AH)7-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY   70,066(WOWS)8-Pac Arclight Sherman Oaks, Sherman Oaks CA 69,898(WOWS)9-CPLX Colossus Langley, Langley BC             69,417(DOS)10-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ       69,240(WOWS)11-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON       69,946(WOWS)12-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY             68,811(DOS)13-AMC Downtown Disney 24, Orlando FL (FRZ)14-CPLX South Edmonton 16, Edmonton AB   (DOS)15-Pac Arclight Hollywood, Los Angeles CA (WOWS)16-Pac Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles CA (WOWS)17-AMC Century City 15, Los Angeles CA   (WOWS)18-AMC Kips Bay 15, New York City CA   (WOWS)19-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY   (DOS)20-Regal Mira Mesa 17, San Diego CA   (DOS) 

• Like 5

Top engagements weekend 27-30/121-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY   137,566(WOWS)2-El Capitan, HollyWood CA   90,045(FRZ)3-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook 16, Calgary AB     87,811(DOS)4-Regal Union Square 14,New York City NY 75,345(WOWS)5-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON     71,479(DOS)6-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY   71,116(AH)7-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY   70,066(WOWS)8-Pac Arclight Sherman Oaks, Sherman Oaks CA 69,898(WOWS)9-CPLX Colossus Langley, Langley BC             69,417(DOS)10-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ       69,240(WOWS)11-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON       69,946(WOWS)12-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY             68,811(DOS)13-AMC Downtown Disney 24, Orlando FL (FRZ)14-CPLX South Edmonton 16, Edmonton AB   (DOS)15-Pac Arclight Hollywood, Los Angeles CA (WOWS)16-Pac Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles CA (WOWS)17-AMC Century City 15, Los Angeles CA   (WOWS)18-AMC Kips Bay 15, New York City CA   (WOWS)19-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY   (DOS)20-Regal Mira Mesa 17, San Diego CA   (DOS) 

So many different movies dominated.  Why is Scotiabank Toronto on there twice though?