druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Lone Survivor did $23,000 from 2 theaters yesterday. Could top $40,000 PTA for the weekend.

Shawn, in your Frozen estimate you put down 22.5M, cume 299.6M. If it's that close to 300M noway Disney short changes it.  ;)  :lol:

• Like 1

The title is perfect Druv or whichever mod made it. Thanks for 1- stating the page #, and 2- listing numbers for more than 1-2 movies. Thats how daily thread titles should look, not the sillyness. Preciate it.

• Like 3

Anyone else getting tired of praising Frozen's numbers?

I can't believe Frozen is going to be at $300 million by Monday or Tuesday. This movie has done amazing business over the past month and has absolutely destroyed expectations. Hands down one of if not best box office run of the year.:P
  • Like 6

I can't believe Frozen is going to be at $300 million by Monday or Tuesday. This movie has done amazing business over the past month and has absolutely destroyed expectations. Hands down one of if not best box office run of the year. :P

It's definitely the biggest surprise of this year, that's for sure. I would agree that it's the most impressive box office run this year. It came out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Another amazing tidbit for Frozen, it's going to hit number 1 this weekend. Last time a movie didn't open number 1 on OW but subsequently had 2 weekends at number 1 was Aladdin (21 years ago).   :D  

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, in your Frozen estimate you put down 22.5M, cume 299.6M. If it's that close to 300M noway Disney short changes it.  ;)  :lol:

That's the official BoxOffice number, not mine. ;)

I agree they'll report it over $300m with estimates tomorrow, but in defense, it'll be very close with actuals on Monday.

It's definitely the biggest surprise of this year, that's for sure. I would agree that it's the most impressive box office run this year. It came out of nowhere.

I wouldn't say out of nowhere because there was a 250M+ club.

Saw American Hustle. The performances are great but oh my god, why is it so boring? Tedious, flabby, lifeless and completely inconsequential. Wolf Of Wall Street wipes its ass with this movie, and I'd be genuinely upset if it actually won Best Picture.

• Like 8

Saw American Hustle. The performances are great but oh my god, why is it so boring? Tedious, flabby, lifeless and completely inconsequential. Wolf Of Wall Street wipes its ass with this movie, and I'd be genuinely upset if it actually won Best Picture.

Wtf man?? Why the hell is Finland getting these movies before us?! :angry: