grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

Can LONE SURVIVOR beat CLOVERFIELD for the January OW record?

If LS shows a 0% drop on Sat and falls 30% on Sun, it still makes 39.1m. about 1m short of Cloverfield.

So 40m is out of question barring a Sat increase of >5% which would be very surprising in an OW for a non-kiddi pic with NFL hampering the bo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

HER is the best movie of the year and it's not even close for me.

btw, just finished watching The Departed again. I know everyone is high on Wolf right now and that's cool but TD is still my favourite Marty/Leo collab. An awesome fucking guitar solo of a movie.

• Like 7

Can LONE SURVIVOR beat CLOVERFIELD for the January OW record?

No, because this isn't the opening weekend for Lone Survivor. It is an expanding movie technically.So even is LS has a 3 multiplier this weekend, it will earn more than Cloverfield but won't have the record. Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

not that good considering its 100 million dollar budget, and god knows how much for advertising.  Is it doing good overseas?

And another misinformed opinion by Max. 

Lone Survivor is one of the best of the year and dammit if Kitsch wasn't the best performance of the movie.

Llewyn Davis was a waste of 2 hours and one of the most boring and asinine scripts of the year.