iceroll

71st Golden Globes Ceremony Thread - Tonight, on now!

Sci Fi has never gotten it's due respect with the Academy and there's no better film they could have been delivered to make up for that than Gravity. To me snubbing it will be equal to snubbing Star Wars. It needs to win the BP Oscar, but it probably won't.

The theatrical experience in 3D is a huge part of Gravity's brilliance, and unfortunately those are not things the academy cares about or likes very much (especially 3D). This will hurt its bp chances a lot and I think a Alfonso bd win will be victory enough at the oscars. Let's just hope that at least happens...as the academy picking the first black director you know is something they've been waiting awhile for and McQueen and 12yas is a good enough time as any.

The theatrical experience in 3D is a huge part of Gravity's brilliance, and unfortunately those are not things the academy cares about or likes very much (especially 3D). This will hurt its bp chances a lot and I think a Alfonso bd win will be victory enough at the oscars. Let's just hope that at least happens...as the academy picking the first black director you know is something they've been waiting awhile for and McQueen and 12yas is a good enough time as any.

I do agree 3D certainly enhances Gravity, but I don't feel it's mandatory to appreciate its brilliance. To me it was far more essential to Avatar's quality than it is Gravity's. But yeah I will be happy if Cuaron at least wins at the Oscars.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1