Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

How does that describe any of us who just don't think the film is worth all the praise?  I'm the guy who thinks Homefront is one of the 10 best films of the year.  I am certainly not a high brow film elitist.  

baumer doesn't like what baumer likes for baumer, baumer likes what baumer likes because baumer is baumer.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 5

I can't really call myself a fan of Meryl's performance in August but y'know I think some of the negative reviews really exaggerate. She's been nominated for worse...

That's the problem. She's nominated for almost everything she's lately doing.

can you imagine sandra getting a 2nd oscar before cate? lol and mind you i love sandra she's my fav romantic lead actress

bummed for daniel bruhl , he was good in RUSH

btw  i wouldnt have minded waking up at 5 to see hemsworth , he's so pretty aww, gosh his wife must love waking up to his pretty face / blue eyes 

• Like 1

baumer doesn't like what baumer likes for baumer, baumer likes what baumer likes because baumer is baumer.

You lost me at the 4th baumer, can't understand what the hell is going on in that sentence :lol: but awesome post that deserves my like anyway.

• Like 2

I really like that the Make Up & Hairstyle branch don't really give a damn if the movie has bad reviews or reputation and they focus on craft ;)

Except for the song I don't know, the Original Song nominees are strong. Let It Go has tough competition with U2

I want to see Leo win it this year but if he doesn't and McConaughey does, then, well, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT.

Leo's performance is one of the best I've ever seen, up there with Ledger and some of the other greats.  But McConaughey is pretty damn awesome too.

You lost me at the 4th baumer, can't understand what the hell is going on in that sentence :lol: but awesome post that deserves my like anyway.

His name is baum, baumerThe bravest film watcherNo movie too bad, no performance too sadWho's that?It's him, baumerbaum, baumer, explorer of the cinemaWith a dying thirst to see the worstCould it be? Yeah that's him!baumer

• Like 3