ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Not that many though.  :ph34r: Even the female creator of the original graphic novel that Blue is the Warmest Colour is based on, Julie Maroh, found the sex scenes unnecessary and felt the male director was pandering to hetero men with the graphic lesbian sex. According to her, actual lesbian women would find the sex scenes in the film "too ridiculous".

I am not really talking about the sex in the movie, but in general lesbian sex. 

So how far Frozen is going to get ?

380, 400, beating CF ???

I don't think it will get to 400.  It's going to need some veeery strong holds to get there.  I think at this point passing DM2 is a really good goal and as obvious as it is that it will get there, I just don't think it will go much higher.

• Like 1

So how far Frozen is going to get ?

380, 400, beating CF ???

All I so far personally think is that it will surely go past DM2, but other than that it could really end up anywhere depending on how long it can keep it's awesome legs. 

Depends on how lesbian sex is presented in media I guess. If they find it objectifying to pander to hetero men, they won't like it much.

I am guessing the softcore ones in the media, they like most. 

Depends on how lesbian sex is presented in media I guess. If they find it objectifying to pander to hetero men, they won't like it much.

Well if you go into a movie with an attitude you can see anything you want in there. The sex scenes in Blue Is The Warmest Color aren't pandering to anyone, but serve a purpose showing the few moments of intense joy in the character's life. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

I don't think it will get to 400.  It's going to need some veeery strong holds to get there.  I think at this point passing DM2 is a really good goal and as obvious as it is that it will get there, I just don't think it will go much higher.

I agree with this... 400M is just out of reach. But on the other hand, a few weeks ago DM2 was out of reach...So who knows? 400 would be astonishing, but so would 380-390.
  • Like 2

the fact that Frozen will be among the likes of Star Wars 3 and the Final Harry Potter is amazing in and of itself

Yeah, lets celebrate this amazing run, than been sad of it not reaching 400m, but if it goes to do 380m I want it go past DH2. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking somewhere between Monsters Inc adjusted ($364 million) and Toy Story 2 adjusted ($390 million) sounds about right for Frozen. As a matter of fact, if it lands around $380 million, I'm assuming taking out 3D would put it around $350 million or so in terms of sheer tickets. That would have it in the same attendance area as Toy Story 3 which I'd have to say is a pretty huge accomplishment.

• Like 2