ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

So with Frozen likely to finish number 3 for 2013 and CF at number 1, have we ever had a situation where 2 of the top 3 movies opened within a week of each other?

If you really want to get technical, they both opened the exact same day. Frozen opened Nov. 22 in 1 theater while CF also opened Nov. 22 (although there were Thursday evening showings that were counted towards Friday).

So with Frozen likely to finish number 3 for 2013 and CF at number 1, have we ever had a situation where 2 of the top 3 movies opened within a week of each other?

One week, I don't think so. Not in the past 20 years. Two weeks apart - that's happened a few times (Forrest Gump and Lion King, Batman Forever and Apollo 13, Twister and Mission Impossible, Spider-Man and Episode II, Spider-Man 3 and Shrek 3).

@ERCboxoffice: Fox's DEVIL'S DUE didn't scare up big bucks, debuting with a soft $8.5M, $9.5M over the 4-Day.@BoxOffice: HER took in an estimated $4.07M over the 3-Day frame. Domestic total now stands at $15.03M. #Her

Edited by WileECoyote

Deserves it to. 2nd favorite among the nominees behind Gravity. But haven't seen all the movies yet.

Disagree there. I thought it was pretty average with the hype it got and 10 nominations baffles me but I guess it's expected with DOR as the director.