ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

That low? It's already 25% there and has yet to open in many of the bigger European markets.

Maybe 100 million or more. For this franchise it's actually impressive. The Sum of All Fears didn't even make 80 million overseas.

I think the PG-13 helped RA a good bit. Ive noticed a lot of families have been going and some adults on Twitter have been saying how their kids enjoyed it. And believe it or not, Ice Cube does have family appeal. Most people dont associate him with NWA anymore, and Im glad he changed. We're gonna get some good legs outta this.

What the fuck?Cloverfield really about to get stunned by Kevin Hart?Hopefully the NFL games bring that estimate down.

Shut it, Ed. Edited by Jandrew

Really regret not making that Ride Along January OW record club I was seriously considering making. I guess you snooze you lose, sucks to suck, etc. Oh well, excited to see it tomorrow.

Me and you have pretty similar tastes. Youll be laughing out of your seat haha. For me it was literal because our seats reclined.

2008 wasn't the best year ... I still remember The Reader getting the nod over The Dark Knight ... I'm sure that enraged whatever network (I assume ABC) was showing them that year. :lol:

Let's see ... also nominated were Benjamin Button ... Frost/Nixon ... and the already mentioned Milk & Slumdog.

For some reason, I almost got sick watching Cloverfield ... I'm not a huge fan of shaky cam style stuff.

Edited by Adam

2008 was the dawn of the "evolved superhero movie" with the one-two knock-out punch of Iron Man and The Dark Knight. That's the main reason for remembering that year in pop culture history, movie wise.

Oh, and it also gave birth to Twilight. :P

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Wow Jan OW record for Ride Along? How the hell did that happen? I had never heard this movie until like 5 days ago. Is this kinda like Paul Blart where it seems like an adult comedy, but actually it's something that family would love?

Anyway, pretty good January no? Feels like 2009 with breakout hits week after week. Too bad nothing good for the rest of the month though.