Gopher

2014 BOX OFFICE AWARDS: Voting Due Thursday Night, Read Announcement (P.24)

these awards are too complicated , but i'll pay extra attention this year so i can fill a nomination ballot in....(maybe make a file and fill it up as the year goes on )

not happy about iron man snub  in most impressive bof perf! :angry:

i resent STID nom in disappointing bof perf <_<

except for south park i have no idea who the nominees are , try putting names instead 

best tv drama is perfect except for that borefest that is mad men i've yet to see episode 3 of season 1 that's how far i got and i have the first 4 seasons on my hard-drive pfff GAME OF THRONES FTW yeah yeah i know there's BB too but i havent seen it yet :ph34r:

cinematography is hard , a tie should happen 

same for best visuals , go SMAUG!!!

great gatsby for production design

dont watch horror so no comment

documentary , have no idea who the noms are but i'll go with save willy

despicable me 2 for animation , not that ive seen any of them but i did enjoy DM1 

isnt WoWS more a dramedy then  a comedy ?

ooh i'm torned between 12YAS and WoWS for ensemble

HER for original screenplay 

leto snubbed woah :o

best actor is way harsh leo or joaquin (leo is my fav popular guy but joaquin is my fav underdog aww :wub: )

cate has this in the bag even here! no meryl you guys are haters !  nevermind THE QUEEN is above petty populism

Posted Image

i'm partial to spike jonze for best director ( i really need to see 12 yrs its messing with any choice i make )

my best pic will be between WoWS, HER, 12YAS,BEFORE MIDNIGHT

i'd love  for some day  in the future they make a special oscar statue for best actress in the likeness of meryl streep coz she's that awesome and should be commemorated for all eternity !

I think Riczhang should be banned for having double accounts.

• Like 1

I don't think that MM and Leto were snubbed.  It's more that the film didn't get seen by enough people.

I would love to see every single Oscar contender but many don't get to my town.  I have to drive over an hour to get to a place that has most movies.  When I do, I try get to a doubleheader but it's still hard to see everything even before the Oscars come out.

I still haven't seen Wolf, 12 Years, Dallas Buyers or Her.  Let alone the likes of Philomena, Llewyn Davis and Blue Jasmine.

I had to travel to see Hustle and Mr. Banks on a doubleheader.

It's just the nature of trying to have an awards ceremony this early that some movies aren't going to be seen.  That said, this thread is awesome Gopher.  Great job.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Solid field of nominations! Great thread, Goph.

And of course, a very sincere thanks to everyone who submitted my name for the Member category. I hate to sound like a broken record, but it really does mean a lot with more and more great members joining the forums as time goes on. I just wish I still had as much time to post as I used to in the early BOF days and even the Mojo days, but alas, all good things...

• Like 3

Solid field of nominations! Great thread, Goph.

And of course, a very sincere thanks to everyone who submitted my name for the Member category. I hate to sound like a broken record, but it really does mean a lot with more and more great members joining the forums as time goes on. I just wish I still had as much time to post as I used to in the early BOF days and even the Mojo days, but alas, all good things...

You're not going to become a recluse for 8 years are you?

• Like 1