Gopher

2014 BOX OFFICE AWARDS: Voting Due Thursday Night, Read Announcement (P.24)

Well, one never knows... ;)

Oh god that would make perfect fodder for my story....you disappear for 8 years because you're the hero that BOF deserves and all, but not the one it needs right now....

Wait, I mean, no! Please don't go!

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Oh god that would make perfect fodder for my story....you disappear for 8 years because you're the hero that BOF deserves and all, but not the one it needs right now....

Wait, I mean, no! Please don't go!

Hmm, I have been drafting up a retirement speech...

:ph34r:

Oh, and my ballot, basically

Best Thread: 1/5 (Snubs: Pun Thread from Thanksgiving Day in Box Office and Titanic's Run)

Funniest Member: 3/5 (Snubs: BKB and DAR)

Most Valued Member: 3/5 (Snubs: CoolioD1 and Jack Nevada)

Most Impressive Box Office Performance: 3/5 (Snubs: Instructions Not Included and Now You See Me)

Most Disappointing Box Office Performance: 2/5 (Snubs: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, The Hangover Part III, and White House Down)

Best TV Show - Comedy: 0/5 (Snub: Gravity Falls)

Best TV Show - Drama: 0/5

Best Score: 3/5 (Snubs: Ramin Djawadi and Danny Elfman for Pacific Rim and Oz: The Great and Powerful respectively)

Best Cinematography: 4/5 (Snub: Captain Phillips)

Best Visual Effects: 4/5 (Snub: Elysium)

Best Production Design: 3/5 (Snubs: American Hustle and Saving Mr. Banks)

Best Horror Feature: 0/3 (Snubs: Warm Bodies and World War Z)

Best Documentary Feature: 0/3

Best Animated Feature: 2/3 (Snub: The Croods)

Best Comedy: 2/5 (Snubs: Frozen, Monsters University, and Saving Mr. Banks)

Best Ensemble: 2/5 (Snubs: Her, Saving Mr. Banks, and The World's End)

Best Original Screenplay: 2/5 (Snubs: Frozen, Fruitvale Station, and Gravity)

Best Adapted Screenplay: 2/7 (Snubs: The Great Gatsby, Saving Mr. Banks, and Warm Bodies)

Best Supporting Actor: 2/5 (Snubs: Colin Farrell, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Jeremy Renner for Saving Mr. Banks, Prisoners, and American Hustle respectively)

Best Supporting Actress: 2/5 (Snubs: Amy Adams and Sarah Paulson from Her and 12 Years a Slave respectively)

Best Actor: 2/5 (Snubs: Christian Bale, Michael B. Jordan, and Simon Pegg for American Hustle, Fruitvale Station, and The World's End respectively)

Best Actress: 2/5 (Snubs: Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence for American Hustle and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire respectively)

Best Director: 3/5 (Snubs: Paul Greengrass and Edgar Wright for Captain Phillips and The World's End respectively)

Best Picture: 4/10 (Snubs: The World's End, Saving Mr. Banks, Fruitvale Station, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and Star Trek Into Darkness)

This is what I'm thinking right now- Rallax- Short Term 12baumer- Wolf of Wall StreetCoolio- FrozenAndrew- Before MidnightMyself- Llewyn DavisNumbers- RushSpaghetti- HerMeaning Gravity, 12 Years and Captain Phillips are up for grabs.

• Like 4

Decently surprised by a number of nominations, even though I did go 5/5 for director. No Prisoners in ensemble is a shame- totally deserved it. Guess enough people haven't seen DBC for Leto and MM to make it. Thought Best Picture would yield something like Side Effects or This is the End as a darkhorse nominee- not Frozen. And certainly not Frozen without Catching Fire or Pacific Rim making it. Thought and hoped MBJ would make it in actor, but it is a stacked year, for sure. Great to see Scar Jo in there, and Margot Robbie.

This is what I'm thinking right now-Rallax- Short Term 12baumer- Wolf of Wall StreetCoolio- FrozenAndrew- Before MidnightMyself- Llewyn DavisNumbers- RushSpaghetti- HerMeaning Gravity, 12 Years and Captain Phillips are up for grabs.

Can I do Gravity?

The Grandmaster in Cinematography and Production Design is one thing the Academy got right and we didn't. I understand not many saw it though.

On the other hand, we've got James Franco, Brie Larson, Redford, The World's End and Short Term 12 so overall we still win, as far as I'm concerned

• Like 3

BEST THREAD
Catching Fire weekend numbers thread

FUNNIEST POSTER
??

MOST VALUED MEMBER
Telemachos

MOST IMPRESSIVE BOX OFFICE PERFORMANCE
GRAVITY (current worldwide total: $677.2m+)

MOST DISAPPOINTING BOX OFFICE PERFORMANCE
THE LONE RANGER (final WW tally: $260.5m)

BEST TELEVISION COMEDY
N/A

BEST TELEVISION DRAMA
N/A

BEST SCORE
Arcade Fire, Her

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Roger Deakins, Prisoners

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Gravity

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Catherine Martin, The Great Gatsby

HORROR
The Conjuring

DOCUMENTARY
N/A

ANIMATED
N/A

COMEDY
The Wolf of Wall Street

ENSEMBLE
The Wolf of Wall Street

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Spike Jonze, Her

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Terence Winter, The Wolf of Wall Street

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jonah Hill

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
N/A

BEST ACTOR
Leonardo DiCaprio

BEST ACTRESS
N/A

BEST DIRECTOR
Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity

BEST PICTURE
GRAVITY

This is what I'm thinking right now- Rallax- Short Term 12baumer- Wolf of Wall StreetCoolio- FrozenAndrew- Before MidnightMyself- Llewyn DavisNumbers- RushSpaghetti- HerMeaning Gravity, 12 Years and Captain Phillips are up for grabs.

I did ask to do frozen

Kinda confused, I thought ballots were already due? People are still posting them. And I dont know much about this "write up", but I'll do Captain Phil if its still available. I wanted to vote in this, but once I got snubbed for funniest member I said the hell with it. JK, just never got around to it. Good job on this though, Goph.

Edited by Jandrew