Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

That included all the scraped versions and ect..The real cost was 207 mill i belive.. And i dont belive for a minute that Tintin costed 130 mill..Paychecks for SS and PJ are not included i bet...

Well.... everything I have heard during the past couple of weeks, from directors to cast-members, indicates that the sequel is more likely than not.Also, Tintin has won the Golden Globe Award for the best animated feature yesterday. If it is recognized at Academy Awards too, it will only help the sequel's chances.

And i dont belive for a minute that Tintin costed 130 mill..Paychecks for SS and PJ are not included i bet...

Official budget is 130 mio. and SS and PJ are not included there because they negotiated first dollar gross participation. (Which was too much in the beginning and therefore Universal didn't wan't to finance the movie.)Don't know what deal they had with Paramount. But it's surely a gross participation, too, but probably lower.

Well.... everything I have heard during the past couple of weeks, from directors to cast-members, indicates that the sequel is more likely than not.Also, Tintin has won the Golden Globe Award for the best animated feature yesterday. If it is recognized at Academy Awards too, it will only help the sequel's chances.

Good point. I found a Golden Globe interview with Spielberg, where he said the following:"I'm hoping, after Peter does Tintin 2, which he's directing after the Hobbit, I'll get a chance to do the 3rd one, if we're successful with the 2nd one"So, yes, a sequel is definitely planned. I'm happy :)http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNmNJoU-4I(the sequel is mentioned at 7:05)

No offense but it is not good PR to say a sequel is not happening, especially when the film is still in theaters

Nobody asked him about a sequel, so that would indeed be a silly remark: "Thanks for the Golden Globe, and by the way, we are not making a sequel".

Good point. I found a Golden Globe interview with Spielberg, where he said the following:"I'm hoping, after Peter does Tintin 2, which he's directing after the Hobbit, I'll get a chance to do the 3rd one, if we're successful with the 2nd one"So, yes, a sequel is definitely planned. I'm happy :)http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNmNJoU-4I(the sequel is mentioned at 7:05)

Well.. Looks like the 300 mill OS was enough to get the 2nd one going..What a great guy he is SS..

International Box Office: Sherlock Holmes Catches another Milestone

Posted Image

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows remained on top of the international chart with $27.4 million in 57 markets for totals of $222.0 million internationally and $392.2 million worldwide. The film's only major market opening came in Brazil where it topped the chart with $3.37 million on 446 screens. With openings in France and Japan still ahead, Game of Shadows should top $300 million internationally, while it has a shot at $500 million worldwide.

Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol climbed a spot to second with $16.51 million on 5,651 screens in 54 markets for totals of $320.47 million internationally and $507.41 million worldwide. The film is coasting on holdovers, but it has made more than enough to ensure profitability.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was right behind with $16.06 million on 3,910 screens in 44 markets for a relatively early international total of $49.34 million. It opened in second place in a trio of major markets with $2.91 million on 525 screens in Germany, $2.55 million on 252 screens in Australia, and $1.10 million on 478 screens in Spain. The film opened in France this weekend, while it has debuts in Brazil, Italy, and Japan still to go.

Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked fell to fourth place with $14.82 million on 6,400 screens in 64 markets for totals of $154.40 million internationally and $273.28 million worldwide. It is coasting on holdovers from now on, but it has made enough to ensure a profit, so the studio should be happy. On the other hand, I don't think it has made enough to justify another installment in the franchise.

Puss In Boots was right behind with $14.64 million on 5,595 screens in 44 markets for totals of $331.76 million internationally and $478.91 million worldwide. The film ruled the box office in South Korea with $4.56 million on 593 screens over the weekend giving it a total opening of $5.42 million.

Up next were a pair of Chinese films, but not the two Chinese films that made more than $10 million last week. The Great Magician made $12.06 million in four markets, while Pleasant Goat And Big Bad Wolf 4 earned $11.33 million in China. It might become common for Chinese films to open with more than $10 million on the international chart, which would make that market one of the most lucrative for local hits.

Paramount will have made less money from Tintin compared to Sony since Paramount only has English Speaking territories and Asia while Sony had the rest but I imagine both studios will greenlit, if Paramount did drop out which i doubt, then I imagine Sony would take on full worldwide distribution, IIRC Paramount did offer to take on full distribution in exchange for Spielberg and Jackson dropping or lowering their gross participation which they refused hence why another studio was needed.