grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

all information is stored physically, the net is just a connection of stored information

They can connect to the network through their physical "shells" and cybernetic bodies. In no way has the net been defined as physical

1 minute ago, RedX said:

Kenshin? 

For one. Death Note comes to mind as well. I'm not big into Anime so I couldn't tell you a lot, but there's been successful live action anime adaptations, and successful live action adaptations of manga as well. (And video games) Note, none of these are American made examples.

10 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

For one. Death Note comes to mind as well. I'm not big into Anime so I couldn't tell you a lot, but there's been successful live action anime adaptations, and successful live action adaptations of manga as well. (And video games) Note, none of these are American made examples.

I was referring to american made, I've seen Kenshin live acton already, pretty good though.

18 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Those are sadly the only ones successful. Japan has botched a lot of anime and manga adaptations too. 

6 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Well, that's Dragonball Evolution, Speed Racer and...? Speed Racer is also not bad.

Aren't there are few more american anime adaptations? Can't remember, I must've been confusing the quantity of anime adaptations with video game adaptations. lol

Edited by DMan7

1 minute ago, RedX said:

Those are sadly the only ones successful. Japan has botched a lot of anime and manga adaptations too. 

Like when adapting any type of source material for decades, they all won't succeed. They've botched a lot, and succeeded a lot. It isn't like the industry has a history of failing, otherwise they'd have stopped doing it.

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Aren't there are few more american anime adaptations? Can't remember.

Not that I know of. This is such a small field that if there is more, it's still less than five.

Edit: Astroboy CG film, if you want to count it. Otherwise I can't think of one.

Edited by RandomJC

1 hour ago, RedX said:

They can connect to the network through their physical "shells" and cybernetic bodies. In no way has the net been defined as physical

The net is physical in real life RedX, what do you think the internet is?

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The net is physical in real life RedX, what do you think the internet is?

What do you mean by this? What physical properties does the internet have? It's an intangible construct. It's not even an apt comparison to the fictional concept in GitS. 

46 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Like when adapting any type of source material for decades, they all won't succeed. They've botched a lot, and succeeded a lot. It isn't like the industry has a history of failing, otherwise they'd have stopped doing it.

The industry does have a history of failing in adapting anime and manga into live action. Little success

1 hour ago, RedX said:

Kenshin? 

Greatest manga/anime adaptation ever. Not mention trilogy. Not sure we will see anything like it soon. I still want Jinchu arc. 

Edited by Neno

6 minutes ago, RedX said:

The industry does have a history of failing in adapting anime and manga into live action. Little success

There has been plenty of success. Lone wolf and Cub, Ichi the Killer, Lady Snowblood. They get lost under the huge mistakes of Attack on Titan.

Edited by RandomJC

7 minutes ago, RedX said:

What do you mean by this? What physical properties does the internet have? It's an intangible construct. It's not even an apt comparison to the fictional concept in GitS. 

Lol, no way my man. The internet is entirely physical. Welcome to the real world.

A Bit is simply a transistor (physical object) which is either on or off (0 or 1). Information is stored as Bits, 8 bits make a byte, 1024 bytes make a mega byte.

The internet is a collection of core routers, fiber, fiber runs, conduit, trenches, poles, pipes, right-of-way, data centers, offices, DWDM gear, coax cable.. ETC. 

It's all physical baby.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

What it means is that the studio sees no advantage in having reviews out pre-release. For whatever reason.

It probably need more than that, the studio probably need to see a disadvantage in having reviews out pre-release, their is media relation cost in having a very late embargo or worst no pre-screening that make them use that card not too often. The media give the movie studio free coverage and publicity all year's long, in exchange they want a bit of access and exclusivity.

I always means only one thing.  I don't know why Drew doesn't say it point blank. Turds don't get screened. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1