baumer

BO.com top 100 movie lines of all time: May the force be with you, number 1

Well it'll change of course because when you're doing 100 lines some of the bottom ones will be left off. But I think many of the top ones will remain. They might switch spots though.

• Like 2

I ignored this thread originally because I didn't see "lines" in the title and just assumed it was another top 100 movies list with the usual suspects populating that type of list.

It'd be interesting to do this and instead of trying to have one all encompassing group with all different ages included and just make a list for each age group ie teens, 20-29, 30-39, and so on.  Maybe even try to divide by gender.  Of course, you'd need enough people to participate.

• Like 1

We opened this up to everyone last year.  It was an open call.  We took the first 16 people that met the criteria.  Eventually, 4 dropped out and then when we had the team, Impact dropped out.  So this was as good as gets.  We did it as fair as possible.

• Like 3

I wasn't implying anything about fairness.  I just thought it'd be interesting to see the opinions based on generational gaps.  It may give an idea on what movies in the future would be considered having the best lines.  Just to give a stereotypical example, I'd imagine a lot of younger folks leaning towards lines from THG, HP, Avengers or Avatar.  And who knows, in 10 years, lines from those movies could be considered "classic".

Thanks to the panel for taking time to do this and thanks to everyone who did read the thread.  And of course thanks for all the nice comments and all the likes.

Now I'm only 17,000 likes behind tele.  I need to meet someone and then have a child with her soon, then I can catch up with him.  :)

• Like 5

I wasn't implying anything about fairness. I just thought it'd be interesting to see the opinions based on generational gaps. It may give an idea on what movies in the future would be considered having the best lines. Just to give a stereotypical example, I'd imagine a lot of younger folks leaning towards lines from THG, HP, Avengers or Avatar. And who knows, in 10 years, lines from those movies could be considered "classic".

I can vouch for this. As a 19 year old, I expected "You're a wizard, Harry" to be ranked somewhere in the middle, and was shocked it wasn't anywhere. And I was shocked to see not a single MCU movie was on the list either (either "I'm here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative," "We have a Hulk," "Puny god," or "I am Iron Man")

I can vouch for this. As a 19 year old, I expected "You're a wizard, Harry" to be ranked somewhere in the middle, and was shocked it wasn't anywhere. And I was shocked to see not a single MCU movie was on the list either (either "I'm here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative," "We have a Hulk," "Puny god," or "I am Iron Man")

So if you guys want, open up your own thread and do the 100 best lines of the last 15 years.  

• Like 1

I might just have to ;)

Seriously, go for it.  I'd love to see the results.  :)

Go get a panel of under 25's (try to get 8-10 people) and then go for it.  It would be really interesting.

• Like 1

Sorry for the bump, but our top ten just got posted on a website I write for.  Check it out.

http://www.top10films.co.uk/archives/29385#comment-1811496

that's awesome.  I was so glad to be part of that whole process.  It was fun.

Glad to see it make it to another site for more visibility :)

• Like 1