The Panda

BoxOffice.com's Official 25 Most Overrated Movies Post-2000: RESULTS

Why do you guys have problems with a film being over rated?  Over rated doesn't mean bad (although in TS3's case it does), it just means that it's ranked too high to some of the members on here.

• Like 2

Toy Story 3 wasn't bad, nor was it good, it was just average. It was quite the bore, nothing really interesting happened but the last 5 minutes packed an emotional punch so everyone claimed it was some sort of masterpiece lol. Ive seen loads of posts overpraising Toy Story 3 on here, I don't know a single person in reality that thinks very highly over it, it's also one of the most over-predicted movies we've seen on this site as well.

Edited by Jessie

Personally I would replace TS3 with post-Cars Wall-E, Ratatouille or Up. I never get the love for these three, especially the rat one.

TS3 wasn't just about the last 5 minutes. It was just the most-talked about scene. Saying the scene alone made the movie is like claiming people only loved TDK because of the joker. The incinerator escape was actually even better imo. The Totso character and his gang were a little bit "on the nose" which I think is a letdown from the first two. But other than that the movie is A for me.

Edited by vc2002

Personally I would replace TS3 with post-Car Wall-E, Ratatouille or Up. I never get the love for these three, especially the rat one.

TS3 wasn't just about the last 5 minutes. It was just the most-talked about scene. Saying the scene alone made the movie is like claiming people only loved TDK because of the joker. The incinerator escape was actually even better imo. The Totso character and his gang were a little bit "on the nose" which I think is a letdown from the first two. But other than that the movie is A for me.

Pixar is just overrated like fuck on this site, its been downhill since Finding Nemo.

• Like 1

Personally I would replace TS3 with post-Cars Wall-E, Ratatouille or Up. I never get the love for these three, especially the rat one.TS3 wasn't just about the last 5 minutes. It was just the most-talked about scene. Saying the scene alone made the movie is like claiming people only loved TDK because of the joker. The incinerator escape was actually even better imo. The Totso character and his gang were a little bit "on the nose" which I think is a letdown from the first two. But other than that the movie is A for me.

Except the only reason I thought the Dark knight was really good instead of decent was the Joker

Pixar is just overrated like fuck on this site, its been downhill since Finding Nemo.

I thought baumer was gonna come to like this post, and I saw he already did. :lol:

Personally I think all post-cars Pixar works (except TS3) felt vastly distinguishable from the their old products. They used to be so good at exploring the meaningness of a story in a humorous way, but for me they kept losing the touch after Cars. And of cause Cars2 and Brave were that symbol the Disney's job of turning Pixar into something else has fully accomplished.

Edited by vc2002

Toy Story 3 wasn't bad, nor was it good, it was just average. It was quite the bore, nothing really interesting happened but the last 5 minutes packed an emotional punch so everyone claimed it was some sort of masterpiece lol. Ive seen loads of posts overpraising Toy Story 3 on here, I don't know a single person in reality that thinks very highly over it, it's also one of the most over-predicted movies we've seen on this site as well.

The entire movie is emotional well done and funny, not just the last five minutes. Wonderful flick.

Everyone I know thinks highly of it.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Here is a written list of the 25

1.The Avengers – 250 (7)

2.Toy Story 3 – 209 (7)

3.The Dark Knight – 191 (6)

4.Inception –149 (6)

5.Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy – 147 (4)

6.The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – 132 (4)

7.Avatar – 121 (7)

8.Crash – 116 (6)

9.Hugo – 105 (5)

10.Paranormal Activity – 105 (4)

11.300 – 104 (5)

12.The Hurt Locker – 104 (4)

13.Gladiator – 95 (5)

14.Chicago – 94 (4)

15.Spider-Man – 93 (6)

16.The Artist – 89 (4)

17.The Dark Knight Rises – 81 (3)

18.Iron Man 3 – 80 (4)

19.The King’s Speech – 79 (6)

20.The Social Network – 78 (3)

21.Thor – 77 (6)

22.Skyfall – 74 (4)

23.Shrek 2- 73 (5)

24.The Passion of the Christ – 72 (4)

25.Iron Man – 69 (4)

• Like 1

The third act kinda falls out from under its feet, particularly with them insanely rushing through Two-Face just so Nolan can get the ending he wanted with Fugitive Batman (that he then wastes with a 10-year time jump for TDKR).

TDK is one of my favorite movies, but I agree 100%. The 3rd act really isn't good at all and jsut kind of meanders. Everything after the death of Rachael is pretty weak. You just kind of forget its not that good because the last 90 seconds are god like. 

TDK is one of my favorite movies, but I agree 100%. The 3rd act really isn't good at all and jsut kind of meanders. Everything after the death of Rachael is pretty weak. You just kind of forget its not that good because the last 90 seconds are god like. 

The last 90 seconds where that kid speaks made me cringe. Nolan basically spelled it all out for us like we wouldn't be smart enough to understand lol

Edited by Jessie