Impact

Best Supporting Actress-2014 predicts!

I wouldn't be horribly surprised if Stewart is nominated here. I feel like the problem with Twilight isn't that she's a bad actress so much as she was a victim of having a terrible character to work with.

But she did the character justice imo, it was the character himself that´was horrid in the first place I agree.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

If Streep's acting is even half as good as her singing in 'Last Midnight' she should walk away with this one. She sounds so much better than on Mamma Mia. I guess she was born for Sondheim. Not surprising.... more class.

I'm rooting for Laura Dern to get a nod too. She's having a bit of a comeback ever since Enlightened (underrated HBO show).

AW has Meryl as the frontrunner of this category, remember, they are very good at this, better than all pundits combined on the web.

They do, but coming from the biggest Meryl fan in the world, I would caution some restraint because AW has legit gone crazy over ITW and almost everyone there's like raving about the clips and have lost their shit. Like 'Meh-ryl' haters like erik have proclaimed that they've been slayed and that Meryl's the best thing they've seen this year and things like that, so it is a bit over the top rn. I think David and someone else are predicting ITW to win BP. So while I do think Streep will win, I think that the AW reaction is abit to crazy. 

• Like 1

we don't really need to talk about awards watch.

But we do. We might hate them (I don't) and they they are insufferable, but the fact stands that they beat the shit out of everyone other prognosticator every single year without a single exception, ever. They are the best by far. If you want definitive status on awards momentum, you do need to take a look on their forums. 

• Like 1

tbh I only went on that forum once and it was just a bunch of grown men talking like teenage girls so I left after like, a couple minutes of browsing. lmao. I do ok despite not using that site lol.

You do 'ok;' they do 'great.' They are abrasive but they're the best and I don't settle for mediocre. You might get like 16 or 18 right out of 24, but they'll get like 20+. I wonder who I'll consult for my pool.... Hmmmm... Tough call.

• Like 1

What about Ejogo ? She is playing Coretta Scott King and a role like that can easily win if she is good enough.

I don't think her role is big enough, which I can't say for certain because I haven't seen it, but I know some people have mentioned it, which would also be why she isn't campaigning much because she knows her cause is hopeless in a way. 

I admit I don't get the carrie coon thing. Kim Dickens was better.

ehhh.... I don't buy either of them happening.

I'm thinking: 

1. Goddess - Into the Woods

2. Kiera Knightley - Imitation Game

3. Patty Arquette - Boyhood (I'm not sure of 2 and 3 ranking, but I think Knightley could be ahead since supporting is always a more showy category and TIG is more showy than Boyhood even if both of their roles are similarly not very showy)

4. Jessica Chastain - AMVY

5. Either Laura Dern or Emma Stone

• Like 1

Nominees:

Meryl Streep - Into the Woods

Patricia Arquette - Boyhood

Keira Knightley - The Imitation Game

Laura Dern - Wild

Carrie Coon - Gone Girl

Knightley isn't winning, she'll only get nominated on the merit of imitation game. Honestly, this is Arquette's to lose.

Meryl isn't winning again.

Edited by The Panda