JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Absolutely. I love how it paid homage to the original.

I'm so glad that it didn't let you down. :D Sometimes people went to see the big break-out movie with such high expectation and was let down by it.

When I finished watching JW at first though I really enjoyed it my first thought was it's just another great popcorn movie but when I came home I couldn't stop thinking about some scenes so I had to see the movie again last week. It actually got better the second time around.  :wub:

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

It made $750k on Thursday. I'd assume yesterday would be around $1m or just over, and today and tomorrow it'll do big numbers because of school holidays (Sunday will probably be equal with Saturdays total.

$0.75m

$1m

$1.5m

$1.5m

For a $4.5m-$5m weekend.

Yep pretty much where it's headed
  • Like 4

Roughly around the preview weekend of Ted. I believe that was fairly wide with a lot of sessions but only on Saturday and Sunday. A very big drop off.

I'm off to see Ted 2 at the Palace Norton St.

First time visits to the Palace Cinemas this weekend. The Palace Verona in Paddington and the Palace Norton St Leichhardt. Norton St was better and had far more comfortable seats.

Edited by DeeCee

So looks like it's gonna be coming in 4th for the weekend?

I haven't been to work so I have no idea. My best bet would be Inside Out drops about 5% and Minions drops around 10%. I could be very wrong though and they might both increase!

In 2014 on the same weekend HTTYD2 dropped 20% but opened against Transformers. (VIC, NSW, QLD starting holidays)

In 2013 on the same weekend DM2 and MU increased 20%. (VIC, NSW starting on holidays, QLD already on holidays)

In 2012 on the same weekend Brave dropped 25% but opened against Ice Age 4. (VIC, NSW starting on holidays, QLD already on holidays)

In 2011 on the same weekend Cars dropped 42% and Kung Fu Panda 2 dropped 45%, but they opened up against Transformers 3. (VIC, NSW starting on holidays, QLD already on holidays)

JW is doing fantastic. Expect good holds in the coming weeks. The IO vs Minions run is very similar in performance too MU vs DM2 except MU is about where IO was and minions about 2m behind DM2. (I'll do a comparison later. ). Based on this. IO should get near 25m. Minions about 30m. JW still on target for 55m+ With that opening Ted 2 will be lucky if it reaches 15m. (Less than half of the original)