JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

2 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Monday was a public holiday here so that number will be a bit inflated.

Did not occur to me. I always have holidays this time of the year :P but RTH did say Tuesday is flirting around Monday's # so theres that.

Edited by eXtacy

12 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Monday was a public holiday here so that number will be a bit inflated.

yeah accept at this time of the year everyday is inflated thanks to the fact a lot of people are on holidays anyway.

public holidays tend not to mean as much...

2 hours ago, Rth said:

Yes it should stay around Monday #

ok then, my prediction above might need to be revised at this point.....

4 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

My prediction for this week and coming weekend.

Tues/wed = 6.5m/ 60.9m

Thurs = 3.2m

Fri = 3.6m

Sat = 4.4m

Sun = 4.1m

WE = 15.3m. /76.2m

Is that crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tues - 4.1m

Wed - 3.8m (Weekly total of 23.8m)

Thurs - 4m

Fri - 4.3m

Sat - 4.9m

Sun - 4.7m (Weekend = 17.8m...) 

ok that can't be right... i had 14m at most this weekend...   that would be an insane third weekend if i'm right.  that would over 80m by the end of the third weekend.

23 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Ive been following this run since it started and holy crap I've been completely blown away with its performance. 

Never did I expect almost $55m in 11 days. I would've been happy with $60m as a final tally. 

Your back...too funny thinking few hours ago.Oh where, oh where Has Robertron gone? Oh where, oh where can he be? :),  and also Henry for that matter

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

It's running neck and neck with the US and UK for per person dollar amount. 

Yep, US, UK, AUS, and if we break off Canada for DOM numbers are killing it. Its doing well elsewhere, but in basically the English speaking world it is doing historic numbers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tokila said:

Yep, US, UK, AUS, and if we break off Canada for DOM numbers are killing it. Its doing well elsewhere, but in basically the English speaking world it is doing historic numbers. 

There is another. 

Spoiler

Middle Zealand. 

• Like 2

$100m is basically a foregone conclusion at this point right? 

I won't say lock but yeah it looks very very likely at this point. Especially if we get as expected a 14m+ third weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Robertron said:

$100m is basically a foregone conclusion at this point right? 

Wow, if it reaches that figure in Australia (which looks likely), Aus will most likely/surely be the most successful country for Star Wars per population. Estimated 25 million people in Aus. 13 times as many people in US. So equivalent in North America would be $1.3billion. Beast mode.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 1

Without doing any research, isn't Crocodile Dundee the biggest selling film in Australia?  And if so, does SW have a chance to pass it?

And what is a good source, besides Mojo, for all time Aussie numbers?

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

Without doing any research, isn't Crocodile Dundee the biggest selling film in Australia?  And if so, does SW have a chance to pass it?

And what is a good source, besides Mojo, for all time Aussie numbers?

The first page of this thread is a good source :D.

Yeah Crocodile Dundee has the highest admissions by quite a bit, by over a million with 8,992,428 admissions. Cracking number. Titanic and Avatar are 2nd and 3rd. Anyone know the total admissions to date for TFA?

My gut feeling is TFA has a chance at USD all time figure in Aus held by Avatar which is $105.7m, but not really a chance at the admissions record. I may be wrong though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

Sorry maybe I miss something but should we expect the third weekend to be bigger than the second even though the second weekend includes a boxing day???:ph34r:

Boxing day is the biggest day nation wide for the summer, but it's not significantly bigger than the other days after it. However the Australian w/e includes Thursday and Friday and as Christmas Eve/Day are a very slow movie period, the boxing day increase is far outweighed.

Most films stay pretty flat or only slightly increase/decrease between the boxing day weekend and New year's weekend. With the way Christmas falls this year it's pretty much guaranteed to increase next weekend with roughly $3m-$4m each day.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2015 at 1:33 PM, Robertron said:

Ive been following this run since it started and holy crap I've been completely blown away with its performance. 

Never did I expect almost $55m in 11 days. I would've been happy with $60m as a final tally. 

oh and welcome to rob!

and yeah i have to agree i had this pegged @ 60m to 70m... but to be at this total after such a short time is ... well there are no words... amazing , blown away...... 

• Like 1