Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

TIL we've skipped a day here in Italy, wednesday was erased from existence after the netflix series

Over the course of the years I've called her martedì, mercoledì and venerdì, but thanks to the tv serie I'll finally remember from which day of the week she was named after... 

I was just thinking that compared to the non-existing Hollywood competition Avatar 2 instead will have to deal with Italian movies, the past week we had the comedy by Aldo Giovanni and Giacomo, the next one will have "Tre di troppo" by De Luigi and Virginia Raffaele and in the middle of January the fourth movie by the terrible youtuber duo "Me Contro Te" will probably dethrone Avatar from first position after 5/6 weeks

33 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Friday 30th

PiB-€0.119M

AVATAR - THE WAY OF WATER 14/12/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 1,051,333 121,645 € 26,565,136 3,031,243
PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH 07/12/2022 USA UNIVERSAL SRL €119,257 17,960 €3,859,236 589,337

12 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

So I was right, it was not fully reported yet 

:sparta:

I mean, I had it decrease because everything decreased last time we had this calendar configuration 🤷‍♂️

Not really sure where to go with this now, but I had a last minute check around me and today looks real busy around me even with this being NYE (the night shows are sold-out, wtf). Granted my area is likely stronger than average for this but let's try 29.5 by sun at this point.

At the end of the year these are the highest grossing movies of 2022 in Italy:

1) Avatar 2 - 27.6M

2) Minions 2 - 14.8M

3) Doctor Strange 2 - 13.7M

4) Top Gun 2 - 13.1M

5) Thor 4 - 10.8M

6) The Batman - 10.3M

7) Black Panther 2 - 8.5M

8)Fantastic Beasts 3 - 8.4M

9) Jurassic World 3 - 8.1M

10) Uncharted - 6.2M

Of the movies released in December and that could change the ranking there are certainly Avatar which could reach 40M euros, and "Il Grande Giorno" which could kick Uncharted out of the top 10 to become the only Italian movie in chart

The overall results are certainly better than 2021, when No Way Home was the only film over 10 million euros, but still nothing compared to 2019 when the movies above this treshold were 16 (with Lion King, Endgame and Joker over 30M)

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2