Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

35 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Any event 👀 (factors behind high numbers)

From what I remember Tuesday is the day with the lowest gross, so an increase the next day is always to be expected

That said, yesterday was the last day of school before the Christmas holidays, no more annoying tests and oral exams for millions of students and someone will surely have gone to see Spider-Man in theathers

11 minutes ago, MG10 said:

From what I remember Tuesday is the day with the lowest gross, so an increase the next day is always to be expected

That said, yesterday was the last day of school before the Christmas holidays, no more annoying tests and oral exams for millions of students and someone will surely have gone to see Spider-Man in theathers

Yeah, I was curious as high numbers in weekdays are possible only if there are holidays. Thanks for clarifying me with my question ⁉️👀

This afternoon were announced the new measures for the Christmas holidays and the New Year celebrations, regarding the theaters the capacity remains at 100% and the only difference is that it will be required the use of the ffp2 mask instead of the usual surgical one, and I also heard it's no longer allowed to eat during the film 

7 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

amazing hold 

Thursday:

1 SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME 15/12/2021 USA WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 867.106 118.314 € 14.917.582 1.981.418

With yesterday's gross it has now passed the total of "The Dark Night Rises" (14.7M euros)

• Like 2

Tomorrow is not only Christmas but also Saturday, I think that compared to today the total gross of the day will increase by at least 5 times (and for the only Christmas film in theaters maybe even 10 times, also because otherwise it would really be a flop with few precedents)

• Astonished 2

Worst Christmas day I can remember (cinemas were closed last December), with a total gross 70% lower than in 2019, when there were for example The Rise of Skywalker, Jumanji 2, Frozen 2, Il Primo Natale and Pinocchio 

As expected the only Christmas film, "Chi ha incastrato Babbo Natale" grossed 10 times more than yesterday, while all the other films only doubled

Sing 2 is doing quite bad and Diabolik too, killed more by the reviews than by Omicron. The series of Italian comics legends disappointingly adapted for the cinema continues...

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Worst Christmas day I can remember (cinemas were closed last December), with a total gross 70% lower than in 2019, when there were for example The Rise of Skywalker, Jumanji 2, Frozen 2, Il Primo Natale and Pinocchio 

As expected the only Christmas film, "Chi ha incastrato Babbo Natale" grossed 10 times more than yesterday, while all the other films only doubled

Sing 2 is doing quite bad and Diabolik too, killed more by the reviews than by Omicron. The series of Italian comics legends disappointingly adapted for the cinema continues...

the new rule in cinema prevented the potential increase? 

3 hours ago, Danhjpn said:

the new rule in cinema prevented the potential increase? 

Mah in the end they are restrictions that don't change anything, more than anything else I think they have had a psychological effect. Then with over 50k cases per day many people want to avoid going to crowded places and risk spending all the Christmas and New Year holidays in isolation because they resulted positive...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Mah in the end they are restrictions that don't change anything, more than anything else I think they have had a psychological effect. Then with over 50k cases per day many people want to avoid going to crowded places and risk spending all the Christmas and New Year holidays in isolation because they resulted positive...

true in the end i dont think that it matters if anything the weekdays will be even stronger.