Incarnadine

Restored 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre to be released in theaters this summer

I've seen TCM maybe 30 times, maybe more.  I've never seen it at the theater.  This is great news.  I saw Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark at theaters for the first time last year.  This is another iconic film I finally get to see.

• Like 2

I've seen TCM maybe 30 times, maybe more.  I've never seen it at the theater.  This is great news.  I saw Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark at theaters for the first time last year.  This is another iconic film I finally get to see.

I saw it a few years ago. Pretty cool to catch it with an audience.

• Like 1

I saw it a few years ago. Pretty cool to catch it with an audience.

Does LA just get random films that play again in theaters?  How did you see it?

Does LA just get random films that play again in theaters?  How did you see it?

There's certain theaters that play a lot of revival and classic movies... the New Beverly, the Aero, the Egyptian, etc. I saw it in 2003 at the Egyptian as part of their Festival of Horror, Fantasy, and Science Fiction (with a Tobe Hooper Q&A)... a Stuart Gordon film I worked on was premiering at the festival and I took the opportunity to catch TCM.

edit: this month, for example, the New Beverly is playing Requiem for a Dream, Melancholia, Antichrist, Hair Spray, Cat People, The Raid, The Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Howling...

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

There's certain theaters that play a lot of revival and classic movies... the New Beverly, the Aero, the Egyptian, etc. I saw it in 2003 at the Egyptian as part of their Festival of Horror, Fantasy, and Science Fiction (with a Tobe Hooper Q&A)... a Stuart Gordon film I worked on was premiering at the festival and I took the opportunity to catch TCM.

edit: this month, for example, the New Beverly is playing Requiem for a Dream, Melancholia, Antichrist, Hair Spray, Cat People, The Raid, The Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Howling...

Nice, I'd love to see Requiem for a Dream on the big screen, that is one seriously effed up movie.

Cineplex has something similar with Most Wanted Mondays where people vote on movies they'd like to see from a huge list and they show them on Monday (this Monday is The Professional). They also have Classic movie series where they play 1 old classic once a month (Tootsie is next) and every year we get a digital film festival where I've seen movies like The Big Lebowski, Blade Runner, Logan's Run, Battle Royale, etc...