Donald

Thursday boxoffice;#300 2 opens to 3.3mill in late shows

There is a reason Spongebob was more popular than most of these cartoons. ;)

Spongebob was great, sadly the show is now a former shell of itself.

Also Spongebob wasn't exactly as popular as Pokemon was its prime.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Spongebob was great, sadly the show is now a former shell of itself.Also Spongebob wasn't exactly as popular as Pokemon was its prime.

Agreed, I think Pokemon is probably the most popular cartoon franchise in the past thirty years.And yeah, old Spongebob was classic.
  • Like 1

I was really young but I dip into the 70's with things like Superfriends

When I was younger I used to watch Superfriends and other Hanna Barbera shows quite religiously. Scooby Doo was always my favorite.

Can't forget Thundercats either. Wish someone would release a full version of that kick-ass theme song.

• Like 1

Look we can talk about all of these cartoons but no childhood is complete without being exposed to Looney Tunes. In fact you're a bad parent if you dont show them

• Like 7

Where did the talk of another huge flop (Peabody) began ?

It has a budget of 145m and is heading to more than 300m worldwide box office, which doesnot really make it a huge flop. More likely than not, it is going to be profitable when all factors in.

It has a budget of 145m and is heading to more than 300m worldwide box office, which doesnot really make it a huge flop. More likely than not, it is going to be profitable when all factors in.

Rise Of The Guardians also made more than twice its budget back worldwide and Dreamworks said that was a huge flop.

• Like 1

I'd think so ... of course, when you see fucked up accounting like the Harry Potter 5 situation where a movie grosses over 950 million, yet supposedly loses money, you wonder what the fuck goes on with studios and the financials.

Great for 300 ... I will see it this weekend.