Shawn Robbins

Saturday #s pg 19 ROAE 16.4,MRP 14.4,NS 7.1,LM 5.4

We are probably the only two people on this forum to really think that and mean it.

Bay is a visionnary, the way ho composes and frames his shots are nothing short of amazing.

And in case you eyebrow cinephiles hadn't noticed, movies are a sensorial medium : image & sounds.

That's one purpose of movies, to entertain through visuals and sounds. However, movies aren't just for entertainment. Movies are here to inform, inspire and tell stories beyond sights and sounds.

Wes Anderson is hipster filmmaking at its worst.

His entire cult following is made out of them and they have the same fetishes as him : clothes, music, actors and actresses.

Moonrise Kingdom was puke induiung because of how hipster it looked to me : don't use cgi, models are poetry man !!!

Grand Budapest Hotel seems even worse than all his previous films combined.

His greatest achievement is only to have managed to get a view of Portman's bare ass  in a short film he made that is all.

• Like 1

The Transformers series could've been amazing without Michael Bay. Remember the first trailer for Transformers 2? I think that perfectly captured what they could've been. Instead, we got the complete opposite, which was one of the worst action comedies of all time. If Transformers is ever rebooted by someone else, it would probably be one of my most anticipated movies of the year. After the last 3 films(especially the sequels), there is no reason to think Transformers 4 won't be just as bad, even with Mark Wahlberg as the lead.

Yeah I agree they could be done better but I just don't trust Hollywood will hire the right director for the job. I didn't care for Transformers before and I think Bay's made it more enjoyable for me than it had any right to be. 1 offensive movie with cheap humour (which I still laugh at) and overlong but a guaranteed great showcase of action scenes being released every 3 years is fine by me. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

Are there imitations? lol

Peter Berg with Battleship was a nice try.

Terminator 4 had a laughable giant robot.

Pacific Rim got greenlit.

Avengers had a third final act with a huge alien invasion ( but it was good).

There are robots everywhere in Hollywood right now.

• Like 1

Agreed. WB was extremely wise, in retrospect, to delay the film from last August.

I agree as well. This is like G.I Joe 2 last year. Many people wrote it off when it was delayed from June 2012 to March 2013 but it still did well on a new date.

Uwe boll

He is a genius, the best of all times.  :)

These folks don't get it.

It's the way he composes his frames.

The sounds, the lights...mesmerizing.

If you are one step ahead you are a genius, if you are two steps ahead you are a crackpot.

Uwe is the best. Closely followed by Bay.

He is a genius, the best of all times.  :)

These folks don't get it.

It's the way he composes his frames.

The sounds, the lights...mesmerizing.

If you are one step ahead you are a genius, if you are two steps ahead you are a crackpot.

Uwe is the best. Closely followed by Bay.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Yeah I agree they could be done better but I just don't trust Hollywood will hire the right director for the job. I didn't care for Transformers before and I think Bay's made it more enjoyable for me than it had any right to be. 1 offensive movie with cheap humour (which I still laugh at) and overlong but a guaranteed great showcase of action scenes being released every 3 years is fine by me.

I disagree, making a Transformers action movie with a serviceable plot, characters, and story without the stupid bay humor(why do these movies need any kind of humor at all anyways?) is not a difficult task at all.  Just look at the Godzilla trailers(Godzilla isn't anymore ridiculous of a concept than Transformers), they are very compelling(granted, we need to see the product first) and it is being directed by a virtual unknown... the first Transformers 2 trailer was very similar in tone and style to the new Godzilla movie.  When this series is rebooted by some average competent joe, I'll be stoked.  Bay is just a hack that is all about shoving as much shit, cliches, and tropes on to the screen as possible.

Peter Berg with Battleship was a nice try.Terminator 4 had a laughable giant robot.Pacific Rim got greenlit.Avengers had a third final act with a huge alien invasion ( but it was good).There are robots everywhere in Hollywood right now.

You can thank the Battle Droidshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvunyWTTECg

I disagree, making a Transformers action movie with a serviceable plot, characters, and story without the stupid bay humor(why do these movies need any kind of humor at all anyways?) is not a difficult task at all.  Just look at the Godzilla trailers(Godzilla isn't anymore ridiculous of a concept than Transformers), they are very compelling(granted, we need to see the product first) and it is being directed by a virtual unknown... the first Transformers 2 trailer was very similar in tone and style to the new Godzilla movie.  When this series is rebooted by some average competent joe, I'll be stoked.  Bay is just a hack that is all about shoving as much shit, cliches, and tropes on to the screen as possible.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Bay is a genius.  Plain. Simple.  He's one of the best of all time.   :)

I wouldn't call him genius, as i said before, nonetheless, Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, The Island, Transformers and Pain & Gain are all films that i love, pay money to see in theaters and then pay again to buy original copies.So, as far as entertainment goes, he certainly does the job. :)