Shawn Robbins

Saturday #s pg 19 ROAE 16.4,MRP 14.4,NS 7.1,LM 5.4

Peter Berg with Battleship was a nice try.

Terminator 4 had a laughable giant robot.

Pacific Rim got greenlit.

Avengers had a third final act with a huge alien invasion ( but it was good).

There are robots everywhere in Hollywood right now.

There were robot films before TRANSFORMERS. And does that mean Hollywood can't make movies with robots anymore? I won't want robot movies from Bay alone. Speaking of copycats, that scene from the new trailer where a giant robot is engulfing buildings, reminds me of the World Engine terraforming scene in MOS.

Bay is a genius.  Plain. Simple.  He's one of the best of all time.  :)

Films filled with spastic editing, epileptic camera work, abysmal dialogue, bad acting, every cliche imaginable, racial stereotypes, ridiculous plot contrivances, etc are not the calling card of a genius filmmaker.
  • Like 5

He's an artist?  lol.  Yea, I'm sure thats why they fund his films....for arts sake.  Hollywood is a business.

And his films profit. Your beloved Bay's Pain & Gain didn't sniff $70 million yet we don't see you trashing that film's box office figures.

Films filled with spastic editing, epileptic camera work, abysmal dialogue, bad acting, every cliche imaginable, racial stereotypes, ridiculous plot contrivances, etc are not the calling card of a genius filmmaker.

Michael Bay is living the dream, doing what he likes for a living & getting filthy fucking rich with it.

He is a doer. You are just behind your computer thinking you hold some kind of truth and feeling good about yourself while trashing him like he cared. Bashing Bay is so useless, predictable and mundane.

You are just one of the hundreds of Bay haters who vent their frustrations about him trying to feel superior with your tastes with bashing Michael Bay which is an even a worse cliché on a movie forum than any Michael bay movie line.

Also Michael Bay fan club includes, but I' ve always said this countless of times :

Steven Spielberg

Christopher Nolan

James Cameron

Those three may understand things you don't. Can you at least accept the possiblity you know very little about filmmaking and what it entails ?

When people trash Bay, they should go to the humility store before doing do.

:shades:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

Wes Anderson is hipster filmmaking at its worst.His entire cult following is made out of them and they have the same fetishes as him : clothes, music, actors and actresses.Moonrise Kingdom was puke induiung because of how hipster it looked to me : don't use cgi, models are poetry man !!!Grand Budapest Hotel seems even worse than all his previous films combined.His greatest achievement is only to have managed to get a view of Portman's bare ass  in a short film he made that is all.

Oh yes, how dare film fans love actors, costume design and music. I mean, what film needs talented actors, good music and impressive costume design when you can have loud noises, big explosions and Megan fox with perfect hair and makeup after being in a veritable war zone!?

Michael Bay is living the dream, doing what he likes for a living & getting filthy fucking rich with it. He is a doer. You are just behind your computer thinking you hold some kind of truth and feeling good about yourself while trashing him like he cared. Bashing Bay is so useless, predictable and mundane. You are just one of the hundreds of Bay haters who vent their frustrations about him trying to feel superior with your tastes with bashing Michael Bay which is an even a worse cliché on a movie forum than any Michael bay movie line. Also Michael Bay fan club includes, but I' ve always said this countless of times : Steven SpielbergChristopher NolanJames Cameron Those three may understand things you don't. Can you at least accept the possiblity you know very little about filmmaking and what it entails ? When people trash Bay, they should go to the humility store before doing do.  :shades:

Stay classy.
  • Like 2

Michael Bay is living the dream, doing what he likes for a living & getting filthy fucking rich with it.

He is a doer. You are just behind your computer thinking you hold some kind of truth and feeling good about yourself while trashing him like he cared. Bashing Bay is so useless, predictable and mundane.

You are just one of the hundreds of Bay haters who vent their frustrations about him trying to feel superior with your tastes with bashing Michael Bay which is an even a worse cliché on a movie forum than any Michael bay movie line.

Also Michael Bay fan club includes, but I' ve always said this countless of times :

Steven Spielberg

Christopher Nolan

James Cameron

Those three may understand things you don't. Can you at least accept the possiblity you know very little about filmmaking and what it entails ?

yeah, bay sucks.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I've only seen people complain about the camera work on Bay's film and complain about it making them sick online. I don't know any person in real life who has any problem with the camera work in any Bay film or felt disoriented or anything,
  • Like 1

Those directors say they like Bay's stuff in public. Maybe it's because they don't want to shit on a fellow director and start something for no reason publicly. That doesn't mean Nolan and co sit around jacking off to Revenge of the Fallen. 

• Like 5

Those directors say they like Bay's stuff in public. Maybe it's because they don't want to shit on a fellow director and start something for no reason publicly. That doesn't mean Nolan and co sit around jacking off to Revenge of the Fallen. 

Stop pretending you are missing the point.

And Baumer please, need your help here, shit just got real !

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Steven Spielberg

Christopher Nolan

James Cameron

This whole post is a bunch of whiny nonsense about how people shit on a director who is shit. 

• Like 3

This whole post is a bunch of whiny nonsense about how people shit on a director who is shit. 

Your arguments and overall rhetorics just floor me.

What brilliant insight you have on Michael Bay, filmmaking and movies.

:wub: