Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

And to think he used to be a truck driver... *lol*

Cameron s life story is absolutely fascinating.

The fact that he knows so much in so many areas is mind boggling.

I think he understands and remembers everything he sees or reads.

Stan Winston used to say people had no idea how brilliant Cameron is.

And Dennis Murren  would agree.

He started the CGI revolution amongst other things.

He predicted CGI Paul Walker in the late 80's/early90's.

His fascination with 3d seems weird but it s sincere.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Clef Ment said:

Who?

Go back some pages.  And do some searches on avatar sequel predictions.  Clef.  1.4 is where I think the max highend could end up.  But still sticking with 1.1b in.  Terminator made 30 my or less ww.  T2 500m ww.  Sort of insane to think Cameron likely won't put up bigger benchmarks than anyone at this point. Awakens is in 4400 plus ran,  while Avatar was in 3500 lol.  Avatar 2 in 4000 plus tcs sort of makes the hair on my neck move a bit. 

18 minutes ago, Elessar said:

And to think he used to be a truck driver... *lol*

Cameron is really is a legend, he is seriously intelligent and also creative. Probably a film maker which won't be appreciated until he unfornately dies. Not just as a director but as a person, right now his goal isn't making money but spreading his enviromental message to as many people as possible with the Avatar sequels.

gSsLks1.jpg

edit: by appreciated I mean thought of as anything more than a blockbuster director

Edited by IronJimbo

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

And Dennis Murren  would agree.

He started the CGI revolution amongst other things.

He predicted CGI Paul Walker in the late 80's/early90's.

His fascination with 3d seems weird but it s sincere.

This is why when Cameron said he has the technology ready for Avatar 2 I had a hardon, because I just know he has done it again. I'm not quite sure what he has done but I know Avatar 2 will be even more mesmorising than the first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Clef Ment said:

Who?

Go back some pages.  And do some searches on avatar sequel predictions.  Clef.  1.4 is where I think the max highend could end up.  But still sticking with 1.1b in.  Terminator made 30 my or less ww.  T2 500m ww.  Sort of insane to think Cameron likely won't put up bigger benchmarks than anyone at this point. Awakens is in 4400 plus ran,  while Avatar was in 3500 lol.  Avatar 2 in 4000 plus tcs sort of makes the hair on my neck move a bit. 

^^^bkb until you learn to read posts.  I'm putting you on ignore.  You've gotten banned,  ridiculed to the max for your craziness and I refuse to keep replying to a troll who has never made a big call on any of his franchises. Lol the funny thing Jimbo and cocoflies,  this silly guy doesnt realize Avatar will still be king of the world after  force awakens.  Lol. Titanic will be number 2 still also.  Poor bkb.  He thinks only the domestic makes you king- lmao 

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This is why when Cameron said he has the technology ready for Avatar 2 I had a hardon, because I just know he has done it again. I'm not quite sure what he has done but I know Avatar 2 will be even more mesmorising than the first.

I think the scale is gonna be absolutely gigantic.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cameron is really is a legend, he is seriously intelligent and also creative. Probably a film maker which won't be appreciated until he unfornately dies. Not just as a director but as a person, right now his goal isn't making money but spreading his enviromental message to as many people as possible with the Avatar sequels.

gSsLks1.jpg

Shoot he personally drew some of the beautiful but freaky creatures of avtr1, the abyss, and aliens.  Theres never been his equal as a filmmaker.  He is also the record holder of deepest dive by a one person operated submarine..  The dude went 35000 plus feet to that trench location all by himself.  Wow 

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Shoot he personally drew some of the beautiful but freaky creatures of avtr1, the abyss, and aliens.  Theres never been his equal as a filmmaker.  He is also the record holder of deepest dive by a one person operated submarine..  The dude went 35000 plus feet to that trench location all by himself.  Wow 

I like the record of being the first to see the sea bed on the marina trench better with his own eyes. The other guys didn't get to see it.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Very possible, I think it might be the further realism of Na'Vi and the creatures of Pandora. Why not both though?

I think it s a good thing the movies were not released in 2015.

Cameron need the computer power to wow us again.

So 2017 or 2018, it will be almost 10 years which in computer time is enormous.

17 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Terminator made 30m or less ww ?

Check your numbers Kal ...

868748Capture.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I think it s a good thing the movies were not released in 2015.

Cameron need the computer power to wow us again.

So 2017 or 2018, it will be almost 10 years which in computer time is enormous.

Also what a big factor bringing people to the cinemas to see Avatar was how spellbinding visually the film was, sure the 3D was important but even without it is what still mesmorising watching it in theatre.

I think Avatar 2 will have the same effect, people will flock to see it's beauty even without it having a new "gimmick".

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

As much as i hate to say it, since usually i'm a pretty nice guy, somebody should ban Kal.

Sorry, Kal, i share your enthusiasm for all things Cameron, but you're kind of a crazy person.

Some time ago there was somwhere option to ignore user (like I did back in a days with infamous Fishnets). Is it still avaiable for free users?

My prediction for the movie, and this is just me spitballing because we have no trailer, no images, no script, nothing, so this is just based on the fact that the chances of it duplicating what it did the first time are slim and none.

Previews:  30 million

OW:  140 million

Total:  560 million

China:  400 mill

Other international:  1.2 billion

Total:  2.16 billion

This will put it at 4th all time WW.  Again, very very early.  

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I like the record of being the first to see the sea bed on the marina trench better with his own eyes. The other guys didn't get to see it.

Oh shat.  I didn't know that.  

Wow what a feat.  So he had video cams that worked freaking over 6 miles  under the ocean.  Damn! 

I think futurist and your statements are right on the money. He will broaden the world and the adventure and environments so real that everyone will keep coming back for months.  

On the terminator post.  I think that's not what it made in one run.  Let me check