Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Well, according to my film theory teacher, Avengers made 200M more than Avatar  :ph34r:

At no point in their comparable runs was The Avengers 200M ahead of Avatar.

The closest it got was 160M, which was after 10 days. Avengers total through that point was 373 million to Avatar's 213. And while The Avengers grossed more in each of those 10 days, Avatar grossed more for every day thereafter. It finally overtook The Avengers after 44 days (Avatar: 585, Avengers 583).

All I'm gonna say is that if you really, honest to God think that AVATAR 2 is going to gross 850M Domestic and 3 Billion Plus or more WW. then you deserve to be heckled when it ends up not happening.. You talk alot of shit about me Kal, but when all is said and done, I'm gonna bury you as only BKB does best..

You two arguing is precious...you guys should have your own thread.

WM XXX is around the corner.. I'd love to square off against him in a steel cage match and I'd bury him in front of the entire world, both on PPV and streaming on the net..

Itd be amazing, like Wrestlemania crossed with boxofficemojo crossed with the special Olympics.

Introducing--The Avatar vs Avengers 2 Game.. Top 3 get $20 Paypal and Bragging Rights  and

can lord it over the pretenders- I will also try to include Avatar 2 items for winners.

:D

You must come very close to Avatar 2's domestic and Finally WW gross, and that of Avengers 2

finally Tally.. Enjoy the Game!!

Kal---850Mil(Cameron aim to give us more tho lol)  155MOW, OS an astounding 2.8B  3.7B WW

Kals Avengers 2 for oblivion predic --- $225M OW, 560M Domestic, 1.02B OS-1.56B WW

Neo-- ,  790M, OW 133M 3.29B WW

Bballman 2.7B WW

Tarzan 800M domestic, OW 150M,  2.7B OS--3.5B WW

Dash R (Need your predict)

Its the end of the Road for the Box office pretenders aka. .MOS2, Avengers 2, JLA1, Transformers 4, Hobbit 3

SW7

Predict the Juggernaut 2016(James Cameron's Avatar II)  vs The Avengers II and win one of 3 prizes..Woohoo!!

How massive will be the destruction??!

Game updated Jan 17th 2014 2:18am

Avatar 2: OW 145M , Dom 495M, WW 2.8B

Avengers 2: OW 215M, Dom 530M, WW 2.2B

Edited by Walt Disney

Walt, you DO realize just how much 3 Billion dollars is and how hard that is to achieve, even when the 1st movie made as much as what it did and came up short WW??? That's ALOT of $$$$ folks and you don't have to be a box office expert to realize this..

Very true, but before Avatar came out, safe to say you'd be saying the same thing about 2.7 billion.I wouldn't predict that but...well...hey, if any movie can do it,it's this one.I'd wager he's high on both though. Edited by kowhite

I do think it's very likely Avatar will stomp Star Wars in the international box office.

I'm not really too interested in WW numbers or OS numbers. I prefer to stick with domestic numbers.

The international market seems to respond to name value. If something has name value from the U.S., then the majority of the people from international markets will go see the prequel/sequel regardless of the quality of the movie. They will continue to do this until a franchise disappoints, then the franchise will decrease in international markets. Therefore, I actually think that the big hitter in international markets will be SW Ep. VIII not SW Ep. VII.

I think that Avatar 2 will beat SW Ep. VII in international markets. I think SW Ep. VIII will beat Avatar 3 in international markets. For domestic, I believe SW VII will beat Avatar 2.

Walt, you DO realize just how much 3 Billion dollars is and how hard that is to achieve, even when the 1st movie made as much as what it did and came up short WW??? That's ALOT of $$$$ folks and you don't have to be a box office expert to realize this..

Agreed. I think International audiences will eat up a big name movie sequel from the U.S. despite its quality. I think Avatar 2 will expand some WW, while decreasing domestically. That's my prediction atleast. I could very well be wrong.

Actually, I am going to edit my number and make it lower. I focus so much on domestic and I am awful with WW. I have it growing about 400M WW, while decreasing like 250M domestically. That's too big of a discrepancy. It's not going to grow 650M OS. I better revise my number.