Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

You all throw around 2B, 3B, etc like it's no big deal without really thinking just how much $$$$ that REALLY is... That's no easy feat...

You're right, it's incredibly difficult. And personally, I don't think A2 will hit 3b (I think it'll probably decrease WW). But there are all sorts of factors, not the least of which is exhange rates in 2017, the continued growth of China as a mature market, etc. But there is a small chance it could do 3b, assuming all the chips fall right.

• Like 2

If Avatar 2 has to increase from the previous one, or even stay in the same ballpark, it will have to become a must-see event like Avatar was. just being the sequel to Avatar won't be enough.

If it does will be one of the biggest community fails ever. I would say 95%+ of members have it decreasing so an increase or flat take will be the biggest victory for us, the "sub-5".

I was talking about if it managed to stay flat or increase. ;)

Surely you dont doubt James Cameron at this point..  Rem your talking about the man that created a film that caused thousands of sucides watches over the world... Tele, when a filmmaker can get movie enthusiasts that involved and calling  the first one the greatest movie experience of all time= James just has to come close to matching the greatness of the first...

And knowing the Yoda he wont just match he will surpass the quality of the first film. :)...

Ive never known a film that as long as there are no weather diasters its pretty much a 2.1B dollar lock. That is insane!!

It only has to increase just a little bit OS to hit 3 billion. Imagine if it increased by 50-150+M domestic on top of putting up 450-600M in China Alone.

Transformers record in China is History.. HEED THE WORDS OF KAL-Tele oh great one!! :P

Kal, you would have to go down as the most passionate fan I've ever come across for this movie and I hope you're not setting yourself up for a major letdown for as much as you throw box office numbers around for this like it's no big deal???? Your predictions for AVATAR 2 is basically setting you up to fall HARD snd be laughed at over it... I'd take a deep breath and rethink your numbers for this... ;) 

Yo do I am a legend for predicting Avatars sealing and going with some longshots and smallshots and coming out on top..

When it comes to James mega epics Ive never lost.... So hang on to your hat..

We are going to see if James can be the first man in history to not only do the all time domestic and worldwide twice but pull a three-peat.

Always bet on Cameron the YODA BKB Friend!!! :P.

840 M domestic and 3.6B WW is no easy task, but Im betting it could surpass even my prediction if the same forces align for Cameron like it did for Titan and Juggernaut 2009! :)

What???? When did AVATAR cause suicide watches all over the world???

GIF-Amused-Charlton-Heston-haha-laugh-LO

2009-2010 My Marvel loonie :).... Neo and others and myself already posted. CNN stated there were hundreds of people

thinking about sucide between DEC and  Jan infact. I bet when your talking about a movie that reached the masses and will make over 10 Billion all by itself, the sucide  contemplation proably hit over 2000 :)..

Avengers just wont have that type of impact..

Im sorry my son!

It would be hilarious and awesome to see.

BKB obviously isnt looking at forums and the predictions for Juggernaut 2017 vs Avengers 2 lol. ROFL

He thinks you meant it could drop off tremendously.. Hah hah. BKB read Tele's post more carefully..

You will bow before the Blue Cat People.. First you and then one day your HEIRRRRRRSSS!!! :P

You're right, it's incredibly difficult. And personally, I don't think A2 will hit 3b (I think it'll probably decrease WW). But there are all sorts of factors, not the least of which is exhange rates in 2017, the continued growth of China as a mature market, etc. But there is a small chance it could do 3b, assuming all the chips fall right.

Lets not rule 3.5 or 4B WW out of the argument either Tele :).. mwahaahahahah

Prices haven't increased much in the UK, and Avatar had an 85% 3D share. Skyfall obliterated it in Ticket sales. Skyfall won't be touched by a sequel to anything.

I think you woke up in fantasy land FTW> James cameron epics are bigger than Bond.. LOL

Its  Worldwide Must See event. Bond is going to fall... Prepare yourself. And Yes bond was way more promoted than Avatar.. And adjusts to far more than BOnd.. Sorry  Avatar came out in 2009.

The sequel will be on every UK Movies mind. Already seen folks in forum saying they will be camping out for Avatar 2 in London, Germany etc.. Good luck with that.. I believe its James Camerons mega followers that put Titanic above any BOnd in England and Avatar right after that..

Surely you jest as Bond is mighty , but its only a mere frosting on the cake compared to Avatar 2.. Best check your HV sales vs Avatar lol in the UK lol.