Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

When the people who are actually intended to portray the roles on screen are told to recite their lines with a microphone recording

That's not how performance capture works. This is not some Pixar cartoon. *shakes head*

Delayed till 2018....who didn't see this coming. 

The fans of this film, after all this start/stop, are either going to be truly happy or have their hopes so built up they aren't anything but let down. 

The one thing these delays have working in it's favor is it may actually rate as a nostalgia film by the time it finally comes out!!! Allowing for some curious eyes by a generation who never saw the original. 

Let's face it, if you were born after 2005, chances are high you haven't seen the original. Not with so much fare overshadowing it from Marvel or something like Hunger Games. With no talk of it in major circles, unless you became a cinephile, you didn't seek it out. If it does finally come out in 2018, you'd be a 13yr old that could be entirely swept up in the same visual feast for the eyes, while getting a cardboard story, that happened to 13yr olds in 2009!! History repeating itself due to production delays?! Maybe!

15 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

My favourite Cameron movies

1. Titanic

2. Terminator 2

3. Avatar

4. Aliens

5. Terminator

6. The Abyss

7. True Lies

8. Pirahna 2 :P

There is no correct way to order Jim films, as all his films are equally perfect.

However adding Pirahna 2 to the list is an insult to Jim and shows ignorance to the lord of cinema. (He didn't direct Pirahana 2)

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Avengers has a carboard story, so i guess people don't mind...

I am always amused at the "cardboard story" comments. It's so obviously a parroted narrative that people who disliked Avatar (and all the accompanying hype) latched on to in order to have some (any) "argument" to bash it. The reality is that, if not for its "cardboard" story, it would  not have made the money it made.

And yes...what makes those comments even more amusing is that many of those people who call Avatar's story cardboard love movies like The Avengers... :rofl:

Anyway, I am still waiting and I will continue waiting for Cameron, whose "bad" films are indeed merely great.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, DAJK said:

Considering we're already here, I may as well ask, to the Cameron fanatics like Kal and Iron Jimbo and jj etc. What is your guys' favourite Cameron film?

It seems like it's avatar, but maybe just cause this is the avatar thread. I'm no Cameron fanatic at all, but dear lord to I love Titanic. I actually learned the Hymn theme as well as My Heart Will go On this morning on piano and it reminds me of how actually good the movie is.

1. Titanic

2. Terminator 2

3. Avatar

4. Aliens

5. The Terminator

6. True Lies

7. The Abyss

Titanic's final 40 minutes was legendary, Jim does epics like no one else. The feels, the thrill, simply fantastic

The final sequence in Avatar was amazing aswell.

When I went in to Star Wars I was expecting an epic but I guess Jim has spoiled me, TFA had no good moments and no great action sequences.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, grim22 said:

Pre-production is underway 

Absolutely incredible how you found that so fast. I didn't think someone would have posted a 1000 view video from yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Elessar said:

There are two types of Jim Cameron movies. The ones that are amazing and those that are merely great.

I agree with this for 99.9% of his movies :)