Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

14 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

:wintf:

Does JamesCameronScholar realize James Cameron is not a Trumpkin like him but a goddamn tree-hugger canadian vegan liberal that believes in climate change?

Because a so-called "James Cameron scholar" that likes to rag on everything liberal would know that fact.

It's like reading Steve Bannon fanboying on Steven Spielberg's Schindler List while ragging on Jews. (Nevermind, Amon Goeth is Bannon's Jenna Jameson so it would actually makes sense).

James Cameron hates liberal's guts to the core.

He had to teach a few things to Harvard graduate Sigourney Weaver  about life.

He is a doomer in fact, he knows the current human civilization project has just a few decades left to live.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

The issue is you used the same condescending attitude that you often use when it's not in the context of a joke.  Insulting my intelligence doesn't make you much better either :).

Your apparent ability to detect an objective tone in written English warrants some serious academic research; I wasn't aware that such a thing was possible.  

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

my point still stands that you treat SW fans as mentally inferior to Avatar fans.

I honestly can't tell whether this is you projecting, straw-manning my position, or a confused mixture of both. 

51 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Does JamesCameronScholar realize James Cameron is not a Trumpkin like him but a goddamn tree-hugger canadian vegan liberal that believes in climate change?

Just because a person aligns with a political candidate at a certain point in time doesn't mean that person is in total agreement with that candidate - that sounds like the logic of a 17 year old. 

Cameron is no liberal (unless you have an extremely narrow political spectrum). Neither environmentalism, nor veganism are exclusive to liberal principles either. In fact, preservation of the environment is as conservative a political ideology as I can imagine. As for animal rights, I have been a vegetarian for nearly 2 decades based on libertarian and conservative principles, ones which I am happy to expand upon. 

Let's save that talk for a politics thread though! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

James Cameron hates liberal's guts to the core.

He had to teach a few things to Harvard graduate Sigrouney Weaver  about life.

He is a doomer in fact, he knows the current human civilization project has just a few decades left to live.

His guns and military hard-on gets in the way of being a typical "Hollywood liberal" (That would be extremely narrow-minded akin to a sixth-grader to reduce the spectrum of "liberal" to Hollywood types) sure but he's not the kind of guy worshipping at the altar of far-right wing "doomer" à la Maurice G. Dantec prophetizing race wars or survivalist crap gurus though.

For a "doomer", he's taking his sweet ass time to get his Avatar saga a-rolling though, he doesn't seem to be all that bothered by that doomsday clock ticking, does he...(And Trump has reset it sooner over the past two weeks, we fell into a singularity so now a week feels like a year)

Edited by dashrendar44

17 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

His guns and military hard-on gets in the way of being a typical "Hollywood liberal" (That would be extremely narrow-minded akin to a sixth-grader to reduce the spectrum of "liberal" to Hollywood types) sure but he's not the kind of guy worshipping at the altar of far-right wing "doomer" à la Maurice G. Dantec prophetizing race wars or survivalist crap gurus though.

For a "doomer", he's taking his sweet ass time to get his Avatar saga a-rolling though, he doesn't seem to be all that bothered by that doomsday clock ticking, does he...(And Trump has reset it sooner over the past two weeks, we fell into a singularity so now a week feels like a year)

he needs to take time and perfect the films, if he can make the most awesome film franchise of all time, he may just be able to save the planet single handedly.

Imagine a future where 1 billion people watched Avatar films, lots of them only realism the important of environmentalism through Avatar.

god bless Jim

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

he needs to take time and perfect the films, if he can make the most awesome film franchise of all time, he may just be able to save the planet single handedly.

Imagine a future where 1 billion people watched Avatar films, lots of them only realism the important of environmentalism through Avatar.

god bless Jim

:wintf:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Your apparent ability to detect an objective tone in written English warrants some serious academic research; I wasn't aware that such a thing was possible.  

42 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I honestly can't tell whether this is you projecting, straw-manning my position, or a confused mixture of both. 

8bc358ec64f95c5169895453c2a78dac.png

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Every now and then this thread goes into a new level of fuckedupism. It's like having a period.

hmm vc2002 always here when it does, coincidence?

33 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This isn't just typical levels of fanboyism.  This is...

ADVANCED FANBOYISM.

just wait and see my man

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

circleoflifecameron.jpg

lol nice one

I wouldn't limit myself to only quotes though!

I've got gifs.

mk9w3cC.gif

I've got old photos.

prqkXza.jpg0wdO9LP.jpgVziU4lx.jpgHRCbvoR.jpg

I've got Photoshops.

GF37W8H.jpg01uhy2H.jpg

I've got reaction images.

knYmQj2.jpgZYKSso5.jpgt0Y7d8n.jpgyMGmdZb.jpg

and even VIDEOS!

https://vid.me/esyy 

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1